Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

BUSTED: Chased down by a Golf Cart Trooper

ADVUSA

did you try the "sorry, i'm a doddering, harmless old man - i just got lost.. Can you tell me which way to the wal-mart?" ploy?

sometimes it works....   🙂

12 hours ago, cstatman said:

did you try the "sorry, i'm a doddering, harmless old man - i just got lost.. Can you tell me which way to the wal-mart?" ploy?

sometimes it works....   🙂

My first reaction just as soon as I shut off the bike and dismounted was  "here come the park troopers."  If the bike were still running I may have jumped on it. My first reaction was to turn around and maybe she'd go in another direction, no such luck.

She then stated when I turned around "there are no private vehicles allowed in the park."  "Which way did you come in?"  "Didn't you see the signs?"   I said "I didn't see any signs" which is true nor did I intend on reading any.  😂

Then she started getting a bit huffy and I said "I'm leaving thank you."  I was out of that park in one minute!

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Like 1

stash the "doddering helpless old man" ruse away for next time

It also helps to throw in a "thank you young man"   or whatever gender they may be.  ... 🙂

My instinct is still to try and run - but?  ya cant outrun the radio....   so I dont