Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

SW Motech Gear Lever Install

SantacruzT100

I found the stock gear shift lever didn't have much adjustment.  I come from the off-road world and like to have the lever just above the even platform of the pegs (personal preference).  I couldn't get comfortable standing off-road with the stock setup, so I caved and bought the SW motech gear lever ($150! ouch)  

I found that working on the T7 isn't as easy as most dirt bikes.  With the SW Motech you have to disassemble the entire foot peg and part of the frame. Which means you can't have the T7 on a center stand to complete the install.  Overall took about 1 hour after I figured out what height adjustment I preferred.  A few of the pictures show the extreme limits of the SW motech lever.  The SW motech lever has a TON of adjustment! and has a different length rod then stock (2 options is good). 

IMG_3941.jpg

IMG_3928.jpg

IMG_3929.jpg

IMG_3930.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg

IMG_3932.jpg

IMG_3933.jpg

IMG_3934.jpg

IMG_3935.jpg

IMG_3936.jpg

IMG_3937.jpg

IMG_3938.jpg

IMG_3939.jpg

IMG_3940.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just installed mine on last weekend. I certainly enjoy it a lot more than OEM. It doesn't rotate though, which is kind of a shame, but the fact that I can slide it forward or backward is tons better than what stock currently offers.

On a related note though; they now offer the knock-off version on Alibaba for like $40.. Sooo, there's that..

• Haha 2