Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Pivot Pegz MK4 vs OEM T7 Footpegs

prowlnS10

Actual dimensions of Tenere 700 Pivot Pegz MK4 #PP-96MK4 (longer than Mk3) width 60 mm x longest cleat length 95 mm x spindle to outer cleat 110 mm  is slightly smaller than advertised (width 60mm x longest cleat length 100 mm x spindle to outer cleat 115 mm. 

PP allows to reverse/swap the spindles that has a 10mm spacer lowering the peg & claims a 3 mm offset back on the T7 (these number vary depending on bike).  Note that the cleats extend inward slightly from the main cleated area which is 80 mm long, the same length as the OEM T7 peg cleated area.  The mounting spindle assembly extends the cleated area 15 mm.   

Test ride & review will have to wait for Spring 2021, but based on my PP MK3 on my Super Tenere & 3k kms on my T7 oem pegs, they should be just about perfect allowing me to move my feet outwards slightly while providing full under boot coverage while not being so long that they hinder placement of my legs at stops.                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Have included a pic of the PP Mk3 vs the OEM Super Tenere peg for comparison, which was too narrow for my size 12 foot as is the oem T7 pegs.

Pivot Pegz vs OEM T7.jpg

D72_5130.JPG

Edited by prowlnS10
  • Like 2

I just put a set of the mark 4s on my t7. Have not ridden with them yet.

do you just swap the  peg supports to lower them?

Mike

Yes..see attached instructions..be careful of the 2 small o-rings on the bolt side of the shaft

PivotPegz Lowering Instructions.jpg

Thanks the page just said contact them for lowering instructions, I had sent them an email but had not heard back. Appreciate it!

Mike

• 1 year later...
On 12/4/2020 at 9:55 AM, MikeCMP said:

Thanks the page just said contact them for lowering instructions, I had sent them an email but had not heard back. Appreciate it!

Mike

Any feedback on these? 

I did the lowering mod, it's a 3 minute job. Lowered, the Pivot Pegz are approximately 8mm lower than the OEM pegs.

Like it so far!