Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rally Raid Soft Luggage racks and Exhaust Brace


MikeCMP
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I threw these on earlier in the week, and figured I would post up some pictures. I found them to be easy to install, the exhaust bracket / brace was not in the instructions but it was easy enough to figure out. It came with its own bolt / spacer so it was clear you would space it out the same way as the footpeg brace.

 

Only issue thus far, was it did not come with the spacers for the SW Motech rack .However, Rally Raid responded quickly to my email about the spacers and posted them to me. I'll post an update when i get them.

 

They have a large number of tie down points which is great, I think I can mount the tool roll I have behind the rack on the non-exhaust side.  They also have the mounting holes for rotopax, though /I am not sure I can user those with the Reckless 80 as it would add 6 inches to the width of the bike back there if you had one on each side.

 

I am also planning on being the test dummy for the Camel ADV high exhaust and these racks - once I get that and see what spacers I need i'll post up a tech tip.

 

Oh yeah sorry for the enormous mess in my barn, I took the pics, realized I was way overdue to put stuff away and spent two hours picking up. I guess i should have done that first then taken some pics 🙂

 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1389.thumb.jpg.c614f8e0fb688ce346baac63f19d07c4.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1387.thumb.jpg.972edad53959682122bc413567da3778.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_138c.thumb.jpg.7b3b4a05f04db87271ebebe991957052.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_138b.thumb.jpg.9bc4d79cad5488a0741072457f845103.jpgimage.thumb.png.b5f59fc77dd776d59ac638af6a2e5a17.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting your pics. I have the same racks on the way, so looking forward to installing them. Hopefully the spacers they include will fit my b&b compact rack, which the way I understood it in the listing on the website.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks very nice.
 

Last night I was going back and forth between the Rally Raid pics of this rack and the Camel pics of their high exhaust and it really doesn’t look like they will work together.  I hope I’m wrong.  Looking forward to your experience.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I ended up with the huzzar exhaust. I’m not certain the camel exhaust would fit, but the huzzar does.

 

745129CE-4031-4603-94D7-8A2D80CDA030.thumb.jpeg.87bccfeb68737a072308413b3a975207.jpeg3AA2A96C-3685-4309-8BBA-05A13D49FD3A.thumb.jpeg.109cca625b22a74a0163971c37cd1a31.jpegC638845C-E682-43C5-A8EA-4DAD59EFF857.thumb.jpeg.f2c28cd7df420272937456eec92bd7ec.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2020 at 1:51 PM, MikeCMP said:

Hello,

I threw these on earlier in the week, and figured I would post up some pictures. I found them to be easy to install, the exhaust bracket / brace was not in the instructions but it was easy enough to figure out. It came with its own bolt / spacer so it was clear you would space it out the same way as the footpeg brace.

 

Only issue thus far, was it did not come with the spacers for the SW Motech rack .However, Rally Raid responded quickly to my email about the spacers and posted them to me. I'll post an update when i get them.

 

They have a large number of tie down points which is great, I think I can mount the tool roll I have behind the rack on the non-exhaust side.  They also have the mounting holes for rotopax, though /I am not sure I can user those with the Reckless 80 as it would add 6 inches to the width of the bike back there if you had one on each side.

 

I am also planning on being the test dummy for the Camel ADV high exhaust and these racks - once I get that and see what spacers I need i'll post up a tech tip.

 

Oh yeah sorry for the enormous mess in my barn, I took the pics, realized I was way overdue to put stuff away and spent two hours picking up. I guess i should have done that first then taken some pics 🙂

 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1389.thumb.jpg.c614f8e0fb688ce346baac63f19d07c4.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1387.thumb.jpg.972edad53959682122bc413567da3778.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_138c.thumb.jpg.7b3b4a05f04db87271ebebe991957052.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_138b.thumb.jpg.9bc4d79cad5488a0741072457f845103.jpgimage.thumb.png.b5f59fc77dd776d59ac638af6a2e5a17.png

Are you able to fit and strap down the Mosko Moto reckless 80 without the rear rack? Is it possible to simply use the upper rear webbing holes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the vendor forum for Mosko the thread there shows a gent doing exactly that, he wrapped all three straps around the the tail of the bike by the grab handles.  I did that too before getting a rear rack

 

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just an update to this in case it's helpful. I just attempted to fit the Rally Raid racks with a Camel Tank  - THis combo will not work as far as I can tell. The back need to be out about 25 mm. the original spacers over top of the SW motech rear rack spacers would be enough, but the racks would stick way out. 

 

The front is actually fine, its the back that is the problem.

 

 

 

NCCq6ZrSRriFjs1lvoJesw_thumb_143a.thumb.jpg.7ffa420bbb497550f283e9296e7ba49c.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_143e.thumb.jpg.e1113d3c45541359146fdf5010214d4f.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_143d.thumb.jpg.4f01af3e4dc942764463ee20dc00834d.jpgAgwJgeESReSSuKBzevVUdw_thumb_143c.thumb.jpg.2e0750b9a228a6cfb80dcb6b70bfc4c9.jpgCJ3N3gnVTWKcRRl0qx9Gqw_thumb_1439.thumb.jpg.bb538d50f965814c96659aad56898572.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Have you figured this problem out? I like your setup with the racks & also the Camel tank.

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bighopper said:

Have you figured this problem out? I like your setup with the racks & also the Camel tank.

thanks

Bighopper, check this thread for more detail:  

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2021 at 2:58 PM, Matth said:

Anyone fitted the Magadans to these?

 Ever get an answer to this?  Curious. Already have the bags.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I fitted my Magadans to the touratech bars, wanted them lower and larger bags to get me crap in with nothing on the top. Fit really well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2021 at 8:56 PM, MikeCMP said:

I ended up with the huzzar exhaust. I’m not certain the camel exhaust would fit, but the huzzar does.

 

745129CE-4031-4603-94D7-8A2D80CDA030.thumb.jpeg.87bccfeb68737a072308413b3a975207.jpeg3AA2A96C-3685-4309-8BBA-05A13D49FD3A.thumb.jpeg.109cca625b22a74a0163971c37cd1a31.jpegC638845C-E682-43C5-A8EA-4DAD59EFF857.thumb.jpeg.f2c28cd7df420272937456eec92bd7ec.jpeg

Excellent to see this.  I just mounted the same racks with my Tusk top plate. No issues. I was wondering if the rerouted exhaust would fit under the racks. 😁👍 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Amani said:

Excellent to see this.  I just mounted the same racks with my Tusk top plate. No issues. I was wondering if the rerouted exhaust would fit under the racks. 😁👍 

 

 

The reason I got it was b/c it went under the racks. Really like it. With both db killers its still sounds pretty good, just a touch louder than before.

 

 

mike

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update! I've already got the racks and should have the camel adv exhaust sometime next week. So it looks like I'll get to test to see if it fits. It might need slightly  more spacing but I think it can be managed. Ill post some pictures on here if it fits without any issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2021 at 7:56 PM, MikeCMP said:

I ended up with the huzzar exhaust. I’m not certain the camel exhaust would fit, but the huzzar does.

 

745129CE-4031-4603-94D7-8A2D80CDA030.thumb.jpeg.87bccfeb68737a072308413b3a975207.jpeg3AA2A96C-3685-4309-8BBA-05A13D49FD3A.thumb.jpeg.109cca625b22a74a0163971c37cd1a31.jpegC638845C-E682-43C5-A8EA-4DAD59EFF857.thumb.jpeg.f2c28cd7df420272937456eec92bd7ec.jpeg

$%&^ that looks sweet! I got my soft luggage racks from Rally Raid about a month ago. Just waiting for my bike LOL hopefully in April

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.