Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Amazon LED blinkers installed

mr. projekt

Installed LED DRLs and sequential turn signals with the @Camel ADVTidy Tail gen2 (gen2 uses OEM Yamaha Teardrop style mounting holes instead of 10mm)

Really happy with the way it turned out... I used adapters on the front and rear to match everything up w/ the 10mm blinkers... got everything on Amazon

Side note: if youre thinking about getting the Camel ADV Tidy Tail, do it. EXCELLENT quality. They are now first on my "go to" for T7 parts.

• Like 5

On 12/14/2020 at 12:17 PM, Baggey22 said:

Link to the turn signals you purchased?

signals:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SZDDZFJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

resistor:

Edited by mr. projekt
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, mr. projekt said:

Just ordered up some of the " Size B" turns & resistor. Thanks for the links @mr. projekt!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LoganC135 said:

Just ordered up some of the " Size B" turns & resistor. Thanks for the links @mr. projekt!

I liked the “size B” as well. Let me know how you like them when they come in. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LoganC135 said:

no worries! enjoy!

• Like 1

I followed your lead on this and ordered the size “A”, flasher and backing plates. Thanks for the post!

Edited by Marc
Typo
  • Like 1

Thanks, ordered up a set with resistors. Is the resistor plug and play? Easy to figure out?

I’m pretty darn clueless when it comes to electronics...

Cheers, A

Everything finally showed up giving it a go hopefully before the holiday. Hoping the bullet-to-oem will save some splicing, will report back.

Thanks OP!

teneresignalparts.jpg

• Like 2

The good news? The bullet to OEM converters work and they just *barely* fit the rears, but I had to get creative with the RH signal's routing. Happy there was no splicing of the OEM harness. I also like the way they look.

The bad: it's like peeling an onion to get to the rear signals - and I own a BMW K bike.

I know, I should swap out my signals - how hard could it be? (tail assembly not pictured) 😧

signal2.thumb.jpg.8bfa2545ea727d2215ed9196e652c292.jpg

Any video about a tidy tail install will help you remove the tail, I happened across this one (I reused OEM tail and made the obvious choices for my fitment like not throwing away unneeded parts etc):

Wiring connections for the front:

signal3.thumb.jpg.03f630bd3ebb729b5b0b662a2c594bc3.jpg

Relay is the vertical one (not diagonal) on the left:

singal4.thumb.jpg.bec253acd7d1f5a640e85b1520f91cf3.jpg

Which I found from this video:

I also just stuck mine in the space near the battery (and if you haven't yet, now is a good time to run a battery charger pigtail):

signal7.thumb.jpg.1396c668684aaa469407ab6825ebbc78.jpg

Finally installed:

signal10.thumb.jpg.459c91dba9107390657a642621235525.jpg

The USA bikes don't have brake light wiring in OEM connectors to rear lights (only 2 wires) so if you want stopping lights you'll have to tap the brake light harness - I didn't.

Edit plastic back on:

signal11.thumb.jpg.c02788249d1f7d4e4d57e3de84786dcc.jpg

signal12.thumb.jpg.c0295bdd95719e80c2eeb14288535c74.jpg

Edited by anotherbike
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

@Camel ADV tidy tail installed with Amazon sequential turns. I also installed a LED license plate light assembly from my KTM 250 EXC-F to get rid of the big clunky Factory Yamaha one. I only wired in the turn light and brake lights (Didn’t want running the running lights functioning on them so they stood out more when the brakes kicked on). Here’s some pics, will try to get a iPhone video or 2 uploaded. 

C4C8F4BF-685A-47E8-A544-5FE42E734FDE.thumb.jpeg.1f7d8ecd56c1f38943eaf1b9b59a16af.jpeg

Edited by LoganC135
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 10:30 PM, LoganC135 said:

@Camel ADV tidy tail installed with Amazon sequential turns. I also installed a LED license plate light assembly from my KTM 250 EXC-F to get rid of the big clunky Factory Yamaha one. I only wired in the turn light and brake lights (Didn’t want running the running lights functioning on them so they stood out more when the brakes kicked on). Here’s some pics, will try to get a iPhone video or 2 uploaded. 

C4C8F4BF-685A-47E8-A544-5FE42E734FDE.thumb.jpeg.1f7d8ecd56c1f38943eaf1b9b59a16af.jpeg

looks great.  The re-use of the factory light, while convenient and cost-effective, was my only cosmetic hangup.  Good to know there are other options.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just used the same turn signals and this is what happened. 
I tapped the rear brake light and all worked fine with the engine not running. 
When the engine running the rear signal blink irregularly mainly orange with a couple of red elements randomly on. 
So I decided to tap the rear light and use the red day running light feature. 
All works well … and no hyper flashing with the stock relay.
The only problem I have is that the turn indicator on the dash is steady while the signals are selected. 

Any fix for this?