Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High fender vs Low fender, various options review

FAR&FURTHER

Thank you for the well thought out comparison, helps my decision a lot.  I have plans to run both till the clay gets too heavy, then using a custom pin set up, I can remove the OEM fender in less than a minute.  I will post some shots when I get it built!  Currently have the Camel high fender kit, but not decided on the fender style yet.

Thank you, Far&Further.

I suspected that, for my use, the high fender would have been more bling than bang. 

• Premium Member
On 12/22/2020 at 1:28 AM, BADDANDY said:

My Hybrid:

Hybrid.JPG.4ed3527770897fee28816482ef790496.JPG

Loads of people mentioned this setup. Apparently it has been used on some older bikes as well. The only issues I have with it is that it does not solve the problem of lower fender potentially packing up. But it will for sure solve the problem with short high fender not protecting the radiator.

RTW Ténéré 700, UK to India & back on Honda CB500X

farandfurther.org | YouTube | Instagram

3 hours ago, FAR&FURTHER said:

The only issues I have with it is that it does not solve the problem of lower fender potentially packing up. 

No low fender will ever solve mud packing up. Even MTB'rs with an even smaller low fender pack up bad.  Watch the 2020 MTB World Cup.  Lower can always be removed if packing while upper will still provide some protection.

Edited by BADDANDY
  • Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

• Premium Member
On 12/29/2020 at 2:22 PM, BADDANDY said:

No low fender will ever solve mud packing up. Even MTB'rs with an even smaller low fender pack up bad.  Watch the 2020 MTB World Cup.  Lower can always be removed if packing while upper will still provide some protection.

If the brake lines are changed that it makes sense.

RTW Ténéré 700, UK to India & back on Honda CB500X

farandfurther.org | YouTube | Instagram