Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

B&B tail rack replacement for Adventurespec rack

Louis

B&B Offroad are having a December sale with 10% off! So I decided to replace my pre-existing Adventurespec rack, why you may ask? Well, I'm using the  Kreiga bag system and the AS rack has raised rails running along the seat, this makes the  Kreiga OS pannier base sit upright and high. So the discount offered swayed me to buy, as I have been thinking about it for a while. 

The  B&B is a  great piece of kit! If you're thinking about fixing a top box this is solid enough and well mounted to the T7. Requires a solid bracket which attached to rear sub frame.

The sizes of both racks are almost identical too. I also purchased the removable passenger hand grabs, which will assist with tie down of  luggage and to pick-up on centre stand. Works with the AS side rack too! Requires 6mm spacers or 3 washers for correct spacing. Another bonus is that the B&B rack is level with the rally seat as the AS rack has tubing under the plate raising it up by about 25mm above the top of the seat, further lifting the pannier base!

Total weight of rack is 1.3 kg, and the rails are 0.36 kg.

16083471536315756958765839194967.jpg

16083472741066524259643245363213.jpg

Edited by Louis
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Fuz71 said:

Definitely one of the better racks out there in my opinion 

446DBA19-A9B2-448E-96D6-AA3730095E7C.jpeg

Yes, I think so! It came out after I purchased the AS model. 

Does anyone know if B&B has a distributor in the US?   I thought they did at one point, but can't find it. 

30 minutes ago, Seventh Son said:

Does anyone know if B&B has a distributor in the US?   I thought they did at one point, but can't find it. 

ProCycle

• Thanks 1

Cheaper to buy direct right now. The US dollar compared to AU is like .67  AU to US. So the rack without the handles is $178 shipped to the US. Procycle is 290 ( for the black) plus shipping!

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2020 at 10:10 PM, Louis said:

B&B Offroad are having a December sale with 10% off! So I decided to replace my pre-existing Adventurespec rack, why you may ask? Well, I'm using the  Kreiga bag system and the AS rack has raised rails running along the seat, this makes the  Kreiga OS pannier base sit upright and high. So the discount offered swayed me to buy, as I have been thinking about it for a while. 

The  B&B is a  great piece of kit! If you're thinking about fixing a top box this is solid enough and well mounted to the T7. Requires a solid bracket which attached to rear sub frame.

The sizes of both racks are almost identical too. I also purchased the removable passenger hand grabs, which will assist with tie down of  luggage and to pick-up on centre stand. Works with the AS side rack too! Requires 6mm spacers or 3 washers for correct spacing. Another bonus is that the B&B rack is level with the rally seat as the AS rack has tubing under the plate raising it up by about 25mm above the top of the seat, further lifting the pannier base!

Total weight of rack is 1.3 kg, and the rails are 0.36 kg.

16083471536315756958765839194967.jpg

16083472741066524259643245363213.jpg

How is the back half mounted? I plan on running a Camel ADV tail tidy and wonder if it is compatible.  Are their instruction online somewhere?

Thanks

I can't find any online instructions, but a solid steel bracket bolts to the rear of the sub frame. It is fitted under the plastic and 2 small notches are cut off black plastic to suit. 

Quality of the installation instructions a bit poor. 

Hope this helps you. A very high quality product! Very solid mounting to the T7. Also has 3 M8 bushes female threads on the plate to enable mounting of larger platforms or whatever. (Visible in my earlier photos)

EDIT,  just had a quick look at the fitting instruction video for the Camel ADV from what I saw i don't see any conflict with the 2 products. Not a fan of tail tidies, I prefer to keep my luggage clean from road grime. But the OEM is definitely over complicated and heavy. 

16086716917335897994658527319280.jpg

1608672066832963361192904219997.jpg

Edited by Louis
  • Like 2