Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Rally ordered - delivery March or April


MagnusR
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi all. I'm Magnus. I live in the East Riding of Yorkshire in the UK and have ordered a Tenere 700 Rally Edition which SHOULD be delivered around March or April according to the dealer.

I'm buying up the bits and pieces I want to add to it, or change on it, in readiness for hitting the trails come Spring.

Looking forward to chatting on here and getting some advice.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, gone2seed said:

Welcome MagnusR

 Is the Rally edition assembled in France or Japan?

The ones for the European market are being made in France from what I understand.

Confirmed it by checking the VIN code on a friends 700 Rally.

Edited by SimplyDan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MagnusR said:

Hi all. I'm Magnus. I live in the East Riding of Yorkshire in the UK and have ordered a Tenere 700 Rally Edition which SHOULD be delivered around March or April according to the dealer.

I'm buying up the bits and pieces I want to add to it, or change on it, in readiness for hitting the trails come Spring.

Looking forward to chatting on here and getting some advice.

Welcome Magnus. I am in the same situation with you (basic model, not the rally) but the dealer told me January / February for the new EURO 5 model. To be honest I think he is being optimistic. Do you know if the bike you are getting is a EURO 5 model or not? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Stefos. I'm honestly not sure but I would have thought that it would be the Euro 5 as they won't be manufacturing any others from now on and mine isn't made yet. 

I don't know what that means for the bike itself but nothing that can't be sorted I'm sure.

 

Just checked the invoice and it says -

"Tenere 700 Rally Edition, showing due quarter 2 of 2021, price is yet to be comfirmed this is the 2020 retail so may have a price increase yet which will be confirmed with the customer as soon as we know."

 

Qtr 2 starts April so I'm assuming it certainly won't be March.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, MagnusR said:

Hi Stefos. I'm honestly not sure but I would have thought that it would be the Euro 5 as they won't be manufacturing any others from now on and mine isn't made yet. 

I don't know what that means for the bike itself but nothing that can't be sorted I'm sure.

 

Just checked the invoice and it says -

"Tenere 700 Rally Edition, showing due quarter 2 of 2021, price is yet to be comfirmed this is the 2020 retail so may have a price increase yet which will be confirmed with the customer as soon as we know."

 

Qtr 2 starts April so I'm assuming it certainly won't be March.

This waiting, is killing me. At least we are still in full lockdown due to COVID, so I cant go anywhere anyway. Lets hope for the best!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, in this instance lockdown sort of helps, as does the weather in the north of England; I really should have ordered a jet ski. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MagnusR said:

Yes, in this instance lockdown sort of helps, as does the weather in the north of England; I really should have ordered a jet ski. 

😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same here. The dealer showed me their dealers website and it is anounced for february. However still no new about price and specifications except EURO 5.
However I found this pdf for Suiss https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/content/dam/ch-assets/hostettler-ag/page-assets/pdf/unit-prices-ym-ch/Yamaha Motor Switzerland_Price List_PTW_2021.pdf Looks like the price takes about 200€.

If you are buying parts for the Tenere avoid the skidplate as the shape may change with the addition of the catalytic converter.

Edited by didier
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations!! 

 

There are a few Rally's left in the UK and when there gone its the next batch. Im guessing EU5 version so maybe a bigger collector box on exhaust. Will be interesting to see.

in the mean time have a pic of mine when I collected it.

bloody awesome and rare ish bike!

Such a tease :)))

06B87A85-EE4C-4560-BAD3-0D7B75519647.jpeg

Edited by Matth
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Magnus, How come your having to wait that long, theres Rally Editions in stock in the UK and shedloads of standard bikes in all colours. Nothing has been announced yet about a new 2021 model. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Alf Meister said:

Hi Magnus, How come your having to wait that long, theres Rally Editions in stock in the UK and shedloads of standard bikes in all colours. Nothing has been announced yet about a new 2021 model. 

Loads of dealers advertise that they have Rally Edition bikes in stock but when you phone them they haven't.

I'm happy to wait, the weather is crap, the roads are awful, the lanes are swamps and I can't leave my county anyway. 3 or 4 months will go fast enough, always does at my age.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Just noticed this news. Looks like in France the price will go UP 300€... This brings it to 10K€ 😞 
Maybe should cancel my preorder ... Only increased quality and resolved issues compared to previous version can justify it to me. The MT07 takes 200€ for Euro5 but also full restyling, LED lights, better brakes, larger handlebars, ...


FR: 

Yamaha%20Tracer%209%20GT%202021.png

Outre le tarif des nouveautés motos et scooters, on remarque surtout que le catalogue Yamaha a fondu avec Euro5. Certes quelques modèles vont encore arriver au second semestre, mais on passe de 21 modèles en janvier 2020 à seulement 11 au 1er janvier 2021. Euro 5 fait mal…

EN: 

 

Edited by didier
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

My Ténéré arrived to the dealer today, and it's the new 2021 model w the Euro5 exhaust.

 

I ordered mine the 5th of November, spoke a bit to my dealer who mentioned that Yamaha Scandinavia now have stopped taking orders on new Ténéré bikes until further notice as the European factory cannot keep up with the demand.

photo_2021-02-23_14-04-04.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SimplyDan said:

My Ténéré arrived to the dealer today, and it's the new 2021 model w the Euro5 exhaust.

 

I ordered mine the 5th of November, spoke a bit to my dealer who mentioned that Yamaha Scandinavia now have stopped taking orders on new Ténéré bikes until further notice as the European factory cannot keep up with the demand.

Nice! Happy for you! Did you notice any changes compared to 2020 model? Except the pipe ...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, didier said:

Nice! Happy for you! Did you notice any changes compared to 2020 model? Except the pipe ...

 

Thanks, hoping for a lot of fun times with it 😃

And yes, you are correct, I have not detected anything different from the 2020 apart from the "lump" at the exhaust.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SimplyDan said:

 

Thanks, hoping for a lot of fun times with it 😃

And yes, you are correct, I have not detected anything different from the 2020 apart from the "lump" at the exhaust.

Yeah for instance no one said he didnt have fun with this toy 😄 It is promissing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.