Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Headers and Crash bars compatibility???

MghtyThor69

Question

I was installing the Leo Vince S/S headers today and hit a snag. I have the GIVI crash bars and the headers hit the crossbar that goes between the guards. I could get a welder to cut it I guess and get it to clear and weld it back but that's not so easy for me. Only a couple machine shops around and none of them are any good....I know from previously using them.

So either get a different set of headers or crash bars without a cross bar that connects the two...

Anyone running a Leo header with crash bars ?? Or know what headers will work with the GIVI's ??

4 answers to this question

I had similar issues with Arrow headers and SW-Motech's lower crash bars.  But I was able to grind some clearance.  FWIW, I really like the coverage that the SWM crash bars provide.  Maybe they'd work the same with the Leo Vince headers.

Dominator headers don't work with Givi crash bars. The cross tube on the crash bars fouls the headers.

A straight cross tube would work if you could make one.

Does anyone tried this combination?

Ouback Motortek (crashbar + skid plate )

and

decat manifolds

If any, could you tell me the manufacturer name of the manifolds? Thank you !

I installed the Leo Vince SS header and ran into the same problem with the Givi crash bar.

This turns out to be a blessing, now I can just mount a straight cross bar which is much stronger. 

I just used 3/4in  square tubing, no need to weld or flattern. 

Looks like there won't be any clearance issue with the front fender. 

PXL_20210124_191100183.jpg

PXL_20210124_190930151.jpg