Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Plastic frame plugs

Alan M

This has been posted a few times but I found the sizes mentioned didn’t tie in with what I could find online.

Here’s a link to what I bought on ebay,

s-l400.jpg

Our inserts are manufactured in EU from high quality polyethylene components (LDPE) which are sturdy and strong for...

I selected the 35mm inserts, they’re a perfect fit, you just need to trim a little off the side where the nut sits. The insert has 3 grab rings, I cut off the end flush with the 2nd ring from the cap and it fits perfectly. Hope this makes sense.

C62BA062-77BE-4C89-8162-1E60A9D9D587.jpeg

4B5F73D8-5D4C-4684-9E3B-D249390BD3DB.jpeg

Edited by Alan M
Mistake
  • Like 6

that looks a TON better than the chinese made - eBay plugs I bought.

i think I may need to order me up some of those -  thank you for the tip!

15 hours ago, Alan M said:

This has been posted a few times but I found the sizes mentioned didn’t tie in with what I could find online.

Here’s a link to what I bought on ebay,

s-l400.jpg

Our inserts are manufactured in EU from high quality polyethylene components (LDPE) which are sturdy and strong for...

I selected the 35mm inserts, they’re a perfect fit, you just need to trim a little off the side where the nut sits. The insert has 3 grab rings, I cut off the end flush with the 2nd ring from the cap and it fits perfectly. Hope this makes sense.

This is worth plugging 😄 If you follow the link the prices are very good. Can buy a pack for you and your mates and you will save money from the beers they owe you!

You can also find a guy on Facebook that created the 3D print version of the plug, and he was willing to share with me so I could print my own. I'll try to find a link so you can ask him yourself rather than share his design.

These plugs work very well to keep your boots from rubbing the frame, and protect the swingarm axle from corrosion. Well worth the couple of dollars. 

@Cruizin, you should bookmark this one.

Edited by TimeMachine
  • Like 2

• Cruizin pinned this topic
32 minutes ago, POLISHADAM82 said:

thingiverse.com has 3d file 

So it is.

featured_preview_125184325_8271767313900

Plug for the main swingarm pivot holes of Yamaha Tenere 700. There is also a "bed" designed to accommodate for a 2.5mm (30/31mm in diameter) o-ring if you want the extra sealing protection. Print settings vary on your preferences, but I used PLA...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice, thanks for sharing. Made my own!

IMG_20210527_091211.thumb.jpg.cc78c645791ab9379be1bb9a3b90b398.jpg

• Like 8

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 11:06 PM, ClutchXT said:

I did a remix on the frame plug to update the logo, orange for a time being as that was the filament I had running for a few other parts

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4778344

Thanks for sharing. I printed a couple at work on our 3D printer.

NqFQXyHl.jpg?1

TxsHj5e.jpg

It's a little crooked, I'll straightened it out latter. It's on there good! I couldn't just spin it or pull it off without some tools. Pops in tight.

buXrGS6.jpg

• Like 3

Those look awesome! A friend of mine made some for the three of us with T7's. I accidentally installed one upside down and the guys dared me to leave it as they know how crazy i get with attention to detail. So far, two months in and it's still upside down 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/2/2022 at 5:48 PM, Frisco said:

Thanks for posting the link. For $5 I’ll give it a go.

I bought those from that link and the damn things didnt fit

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 9:19 AM, Lewie said:

Only 1 needs cutting 

I agree, bought the same ones, left side (when sat on bike) goes in, right side needed trimming down 

Look very neat and are good value.

If I remember you just need to cut 1 ‘rib’ off for it to fit flush

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • AZJW unpinned this topic