Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Quick release fasteners

Vtamb81

Does anyone know of quick release fasteners that will work on the front side panels of the T7? I love the AS crash bars but the lower portion blocks the bottom side panel fastener, making it really hard to get a tool in there. 

AD8B73B0-2C6A-45EC-887C-C1295A5EEA0B.jpeg

6D91ED56-FE8A-4251-82C9-CDB82439EAC6.jpeg

After looking at options for quick release fasteners/spring nuts I think I will end up going the thumb screw route. I haven’t been able to find any quick release version that will work. 

Now I just need to find a good M5x10 to replace the stock bolt. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 8:28 AM, Vtamb81 said:

After looking at options for quick release fasteners/spring nuts I think I will end up going the thumb screw route. I haven’t been able to find any quick release version that will work. 

Now I just need to find a good M5x10 to replace the stock bolt. 

https://www.mcmaster.com/screws/thread-size~m5/length~10-mm/thumb-screws/

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

I have the same issue with removing that bolt since I also have the ADV Spec crash bars.  I have found that a 8 mm ratchet wrench does the trick for quickly removing that bolt in the panel.  Let me know if you settled on a solution.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:44 AM, Vtamb81 said:

Does anyone know of quick release fasteners that will work on the front side panels of the T7? I love the AS crash bars but the lower portion blocks the bottom side panel fastener, making it really hard to get a tool in there. 

AD8B73B0-2C6A-45EC-887C-C1295A5EEA0B.jpeg

6D91ED56-FE8A-4251-82C9-CDB82439EAC6.jpeg

I bought some cheap ones off Amazon. I'm not sure about the fairings on the outside, but size 19mm work for the bottom 2 screws on the inside near the radiator. So about 4 total. The top one would work I guess if you dremeled the tab, but that was too much for me.