Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Wheel options


POLISHADAM82
 Share

Recommended Posts

Does anybody make other wheel options besides Woody's and ProCycle? Maybe even 17s for street riding ? MT07 wheel perhaps could work. I'm looking at other options as I like to be ale to switch from dirt to street pretty easy I know RAD MFG might be an option in the future but I think that is not going to happen anytime soon. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you look for the supermoto thread here on the forum Andy has done the conversion with the mt07, it's not as straight forward as it needs spacers and the wheels skimmed down if I remember correctly. 

Other options like mine : original hubs on excel wheels, or give smpro a ring and see if they have an option for you... By now there are plenty of hub manufacturers that sell these and finding rims for supermoto is not hard. 

When you are ready with the rims send me a pm and I could help you out with ABS rings to correct the speedo and have a working ABS. 

It is not a cheap conversion but it is well worth the handling of the bike on the street. 

Aleks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

If you look for the supermoto thread here on the forum Andy has done the conversion with the mt07, it's not as straight forward as it needs spacers and the wheels skimmed down if I remember correctly. 

Other options like mine : original hubs on excel wheels, or give smpro a ring and see if they have an option for you... By now there are plenty of hub manufacturers that sell these and finding rims for supermoto is not hard. 

When you are ready with the rims send me a pm and I could help you out with ABS rings to correct the speedo and have a working ABS. 

It is not a cheap conversion but it is well worth the handling of the bike on the street. 

Aleks 

I will look into SM thread I been around sumo for decades now I'm just looking for an easy swap options as for modding mt07 wheels i think it's a option high on my list as i have no problem making spacers etc. also as for the speedo and abs I do not care much about both of them so that is not an issue I guess now I just have to find some mt07 wheels haha Thanx for the input Aleks btw you bike looks bitchin !!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I emailed Warp9 and they will have some avail in spring they said. I have them on a couple of bikes, good quality wheelsets and good prices.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In line with our very popular Low wheel tubeless kits for the Honda Africa Twin, we now have the first set of 19" & 17" wheels to try on our Yamaha T7 Tenere.
This set for testing uses OEM hubs, but we will be CNC machining our own billet hubs, and then they are built with EXCEL rims, gold or black, and heavy-duty stainless-steel spokes & nipples, so completely corrosion-free, and much stronger than OEM.
They will come ready converted to Tubeless, with the well-proven Bartubeless conversion, we have had over 400 of these done to date, no problems, and with a 4 year warranty.
For our testing we have fitted Continental Trail Attack 3's, these proved very good with the Africa Twin, giving excellent road grip, and load carrying capacity.

138997741_881915245956957_4329210630577303442_n.jpg

139006356_227690008941075_918260875190492817_n.jpg

139010898_2197020833765187_8671760362447255714_n.jpg

139016188_503296637302259_5191252823447014434_n.jpg

139041452_1073263066419704_7054879763410623037_n.jpg

139055707_311315653648637_3672517778630247576_n.jpg

139431995_164940455025127_4942227319506735626_n.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Firebolter said:

I emailed Warp9 and they will have some avail in spring they said. I have them on a couple of bikes, good quality wheelsets and good prices.

yes Warp is pretty good I'm waiting for RAD MFG to come up with something

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, POLISHADAM82 said:

@Ktmmitch what company are you working for?

Adam,

He is from Rally Raid - they make some of the best products I've seen.

if I could only pick 2 vendors  - it'd be Rally Raid and Camel ADV

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

The Dubya USA Excel wheels look awesome.  That will be next years upgrades with proper tubeless setup for me. Dubya's marketing is poor on these wheels, but they are out there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 2/3/2021 at 8:38 PM, SantacruzT100 said:

The Dubya USA Excel wheels look awesome.  That will be next years upgrades with proper tubeless setup for me. Dubya's marketing is poor on these wheels, but they are out there!

Do they make set for T7?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, POLISHADAM82 said:

Do they make set for T7?

Ya they do.  I just called them and asked. I spoke with Josh in sales. Like I said before, their marketing is poor but if you look hard enough you will find them.  This is an article I found.  I also talked to my local shop and they said they have a contact at Dubya USA. 

 

https://www.cyclenews.com/2020/06/article/dubya-usa-yamaha-t7-and-older-honda-wheel-sets/

 

 

My wheel setup: 21x2.15 Excel (tubeless anti debead rim) in Black, 18x4.25 Excel (tubeless anti debead rim) in Black both with the Haan red hub, stainless spokes.  I will throw on the Outex tubeless system and Rallz tubeless tires too.

 

All Dubya USA's wheels and products I've owned in the past have been great.  I believe the complete price Josh quoted me was about 2k.

 

I hope this helps, and I'll post up pictures and review on my "bike build"  thread when complete.

 

Cheers

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Toei said:

Alpina has true tubeless wheels for the T7 now.  21/18 only I believe.  

 

1800 euro for the set.. yikes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/16/2021 at 10:40 PM, HugoB said:

 

1800 euro for the set.. yikes

I nearly ordered these last fall, they had a pre-order promo 15% off.

In the end I decided I wasn’t sold on the o-rings at every spoke concept. I know they’ve been doing this for a while but I wasn’t convinced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Burner The o-rings are what sold me as the next-best thing to tubeless designs that have no spoke penetration of the rim inner wall at all.  With the “seal over spoke nipples” designs, adjusting spoke tension is a dicey proposition that can break the seal.   Also, if one spoke needs replacement you don’t have to undo the whole system.   Alpina sells replacement spokes and nipples.
 

KTM has been using Alpina tubeless on their bikes and I haven’t heard of widespread failures.  Outex certainly has had many.   If Alpina hadn’t been available I would have gone with Bartubeless.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Toei said:

@Burner The o-rings are what sold me as the next-best thing to tubeless designs that have no spoke penetration of the rim inner wall at all.  With the “seal over spoke nipples” designs, adjusting spoke tension is a dicey proposition that can break the seal.   Also, if one spoke needs replacement you don’t have to undo the whole system.   Alpina sells replacement spokes and nipples.
 

KTM has been using Alpina tubeless on their bikes and I haven’t heard of widespread failures.  Outex certainly has had many.   If Alpina hadn’t been available I would have gone with Bartubeless.  

Yup Alpina definitely has some advantages! I also decided on a narrower rear wheel which pointed me to Bartubeless.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Burner said:

Yup Alpina definitely has some advantages! I also decided on a narrower rear wheel which pointed me to Bartubeless.

Yep the Alpinas only come in one size, so that totally makes sense.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.