Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ASV C5 levers- best option out there

SantacruzT100

I just installed the new ASV C5 clutch and brake levers. These are high quality! Great feel, shorty options, and custom colors. My local shop GP sports in San Jose had them available. 

ASV_Inventions_Levers_Unbreakable_Foldin

ASV Inventions C5 Series Sport Clutch Lever

I've used these on previous moto's and been really happy. They work well with winter gloves and summer gloves. I'm really impressed with my clutch lever combined with the Camel adv 1-finger upgrades also. The combination feels as good as my hydraulic clutch on my Husky dirt bikes.

IMG_4274.jpg

IMG_4275.jpg

IMG_4276.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 9:54 PM, SantacruzT100 said:

I just installed the new ASV C5 clutch and brake levers. These are high quality! Great feel, shorty options, and custom colors. My local shop GP sports in San Jose had them available. 

ASV_Inventions_Levers_Unbreakable_Foldin

ASV Inventions C5 Series Sport Clutch Lever

I've used these on previous moto's and been really happy. They work well with winter gloves and summer gloves. I'm really impressed with my clutch lever combined with the Camel adv 1-finger upgrades also. The combination feels as good as my hydraulic clutch on my Husky dirt bikes.

IMG_4274.jpg

IMG_4275.jpg

IMG_4276.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

Those look great.  Is there any play/movement in the levers?  I bought a cheap pair from Amazon, and although they work fine for $35, there is some up and down and forward/aft movement in the levers that I don't like.  There wasn't any play with the OEM levers.

On 1/25/2021 at 10:36 AM, Seventh Son said:

Those look great.  Is there any play/movement in the levers?  I bought a cheap pair from Amazon, and although they work fine for $35, there is some up and down and forward/aft movement in the levers that I don't like.  There wasn't any play with the OEM levers.

There isn't any play in these.  They feel great. If anything they are a little too tight, but I figure they will wear in a little. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2021 at 6:01 PM, SantacruzT100 said:

There isn't any play in these.  They feel great. If anything they are a little too tight, but I figure they will wear in a little. 

@Seventh Son  after about 10 rides and 500 more miles, the brake levers are definetly looser. They aren't as loose as the stock levers but for sure loosened up some.  It's not noticeable while riding but I think because they are breakaway levers they have more play than when I first installed them. I still love the levers! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 10/8/2021 at 12:58 AM, jontoptek said:

How is the reach on the clutch side?

@jontoptek I have the reach setup close to the bar. They are adjustable too. 

38 minutes ago, SantacruzT100 said:

@jontoptek I have the reach setup close to the bar. They are adjustable too. 

Copy thanks, just making sure before i order from the states, im ex military living overseas

Edited by jontoptek
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2021 at 2:29 PM, jontoptek said:

Trying to fit these f3 shorties, problem is hitting my handguards.

Anyone have same problem?

20211111_221704.jpg

Same problem today so going to go for Puig.

• 2 years later...

Anyone try the Acerbis X-factor handguards with their ASV C5's? Same clearance issue?

Threw about 5mm of washers on the bolt that connects to the inside handlebar mount to get my barkbusters to clear.

• 1 month later...