Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tail Tidy Number Plate Holder

prwatts

Sorry guys, it needs to go  😞

It is floppy and ugly and sticks out and risks getting damaged.

Any ideas? There are lots of aftermarket ideas for the MT07 and 09.

Will they fit or must we wait???

I want something neater and stronger but lighter yet still hold the blinkers and number plate. 

Peter

I'm not intend to tidy up the tail. At all. As much stuff it is there the less I get on my back...😎😁

• Like 2

Hi there,  yes I saw it but it is still too big - it sticks out the back same as the original.  I looked at MT07 solutions and they are very neat.  🙂

Nice video link erey, looks like he's done a good job.

For my money though, for any bike I was to own, especially one to be ridden on wet dirt roads I would want the tidy to reach at least to a vertical line above the rearmost of the rear tire so I don't get a wet dirty back whilst riding. From what I can tell Yamaha have done a great job of designing the rear end to keep the rider and their gear dry so I would keep that in mind when modifying the bike.

• Like 4

On 8/12/2019 at 2:53 AM, New Order said:

I'm not intend to tidy up the tail. At all. As much stuff it is there the less I get on my back...😎😁

Exactly and the tail of the bike is for the 790 riders to look at :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That rear end weighs a few kilos, so it must go! Someone will create a suitable tail tidy that weighs nothing cost little and doesn't cover you in mud.

The list of items on the T7 that can be removed or reduced in weight is getting longer. My goal now is 190kgs, and I think that is possible without spending a lot of money.

• Like 4

• Supporting Vendor

Should have our tail tidy in production shortly, next thing to go onto the laser. Just waiting for a repair on the CNC brake press this week to fold them up. 

Its long enough to stop mud being flicked up and it very strong as well.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, H20ham said:

Any good options out there yet, reviews etc?

I've got the t7 rally one and it's a very well build product and looks amazing.. Sturdy and for a good price as well... 

IMG_20200111_112126.jpg

• Like 1

Also, looks like its close with that licence plate. To keeping mud/rocks off your head and back

next question, topic. Will be. A top muffler. Seems the t7 rally tail leaves lots of room for a muffler. Where the Yamaha tidy tail the lights are lower/in the way of the top muffler

Edited by H20ham
  • Like 1

Just now, H20ham said:

Also, looks like its close with that licence plate. To keeping mud/rocks off your head and back

It's not the greatest but I've not had mud on my jacket or helmet on my adventures on muddy roads.. Please note I'm not an off road rider so my experience is only on small lanes and a & b roads in UK. 

• 4 weeks later...

So to the people who install T7 Rally tail tidy, does this works ?

These are Chinese Turn signals and also Chinese "spacers"...

Will ir work like this?

IMG_20200303_221645.jpg

IMG_20200303_221550.jpg

IMG_20200303_222229.jpg

IMG_20200303_222304.jpg

Edited by Lupan

• 1 month later...

The T7RALLY tail tidy is excellent value and really strong.  Transformed the look of the bike!  Cheers,  Steve 

Screenshot_20200326-135727_Gallery.jpg

20200304_135126.jpg

• Like 5

Hi, I'm thinking if it's possible to quit the big part that is below and mantain the original plastic tail that has 4 holes and try to put here some cheap aliexpress adapter of steel and make some holes if it needs to put the turnlights and the numberplate. 

But now, with the confinement, I can't go to my town where I have the spanners and the private garage.

What do you think? Could it function? Or is too soft this plastic

3 hours ago, Xavi Bta said:

Hi, I'm thinking if it's possible to quit the big part that is below and mantain the original plastic tail that has 4 holes and try to put here some cheap aliexpress adapter of steel and make some holes if it needs to put the turnlights and the numberplate. 

But now, with the confinement, I can't go to my town where I have the spanners and the private garage.

What do you think? Could it function? Or is too soft this plastic

Yes it works, shortened the original tail tidy and used a standard hinge from a hardware store

XTZ1.jpg

• Like 3

iam in the same dilemma with the holder 🙂 .

first i have thought about the hole mud, dirt and rain and to keep the standart one for this reason.

after i have drive saturday with my brother in  the"sauerland" kreis warstein, there has been extreme rainy

and  my back was protect by a backpack 😉 , but still with the oem holder i have notice some

rain/dirt stains on the back plastic and the back of the seat. 

I like a clean good look and the T7 tail has many potential to let it look nice and clean.

i think a in degress adjustable holder would be the best solution. if you go off road, or it will become rainy

short stop, set it more horizontal and drive "dry" 😄 further.

You can use a turnbuckle (German : Wantenspanner) to adjust the angel with a mounted hinge

Wantenspanner.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Necessity is the mother of invention!, yes, you can definitely make your own tail tidy,  I did on my XR. Keep it simple is the best plan,  the least bends in the bracket the better,  use decent size washers on the bolts to spread the load when your bolting to plastic.  And tidy/protect the wiring so it's not damaged by stuff from the wheel....!  Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/12/2020 at 12:41 AM, Great Escape said:

The T7RALLY tail tidy is excellent value and really strong.  Transformed the look of the bike!  Cheers,  Steve 

20200304_135126.jpg

On 4/12/2020 at 12:41 AM, Great Escape said:

20200304_135126.jpg

looks awesome, where did you get it? Thanks in advance

Thanks!.  The tail tidy is from T7RALLY. Com.   Cheers,  Steve 

A few years ago I had a KTM EXC500 and there was a guy that made a OEM taillight with turn signals built in so no separate turn signals needed, also used factory wiring harness and plugs. I like that set up quite a bit, is anyone making one for the T7?