Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Who likes to get high..... T7 style

FrownyGrumpyton

Hi everyone,

First post on this new to me forum.  Thought I would introduce myself with some images of my T7 and its shiny new jewellery.

Like all of you I'm sure, the bike is in a continuous state of work in progress...  The Cycra Probend guards and Rottweiler Performance/Arrow quick flip mirrors are awesome.  Excellent field of view behind you.  The convex mirrors are completely free of any vibrations, and the low profile looks so much cleaner.

Other bits are on the way, but are held up in Australia right now.  Hopefully wont be long before I can get my hands on them.

The modification that got me most excited is the high level exhaust (hence the cheesy title....)

It was installed yesterday.  Needless to say, I am absolutely thrilled with it.  It's a custom made piece requiring modification to the bracket/hangar, as well as the new link pipe.  What I'm most pleased about is the height.  The silencer bracket is out of view, hidden within the rear seat fairing.  This has allowed the silencer to be installed at the height you see.  And the pillion pegs still fit!  As for sound. Well, its a CP2. What do you expect.  It's awesome.  Bordering too loud for some I'm sure.  But hey, it's fun right?

Nice to meet you all. 

20210128_154250[1].jpg

20210128_154317[1].jpg

20210128_154838[1].jpg

• Like 9

Mods - I'm now realising I've somehow managed to post this in what is likely the wrong place.

Feel free to move the topic wherever it should have been in the first place

• Like 1

FrownyGrumpyton where did you get the RottweilerPerformance/Arrow quick flip mirrors, from the States or did you find a retailer in the UK?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FredBasset said:

FrownyGrumpyton where did you get the RottweilerPerformance/Arrow quick flip mirrors, from the States or did you find a retailer in the UK?

The Rottweiler Performance/Arrow quick flip mirrors came direct from Rottweiler in the US.  As I understand it, there is no Rottweiler agent in the UK at the moment.  The European agents for Rottweiler Performance are Rally-Motor in the Netherlands. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FrownyGrumpyton said:

The Rottweiler Performance/Arrow quick flip mirrors came direct from Rottweiler in the US.  As I understand it, there is no Rottweiler agent in the UK at the moment.  The European agents for Rottweiler Performance are Rally-Motor in the Netherlands. 

Thanks for the reply bud, must cost a pretty penny with the import duty. Rally-Motor aren’t importing into the UK, due to carriage companies in Holland making delivery unreliable, so they have stopped sending to the UK! That’s the word directly from them, as I asked. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FredBasset said:

Thanks for the reply bud, must cost a pretty penny with the import duty. Rally-Motor aren’t importing into the UK, due to carriage companies in Holland making delivery unreliable, so they have stopped sending to the UK! That’s the word directly from them, as I asked. 

Rally-Motor were out of stock when I began my search at the beginning of January.

As for cost... You're right, they did cost a pretty penny.  $310 inc express shipping (shipping was about $80 IIRC) with Rottweiler + £65.79 duty this end with customs.  I've not even added it all up - don't really want to. 

I couldn't be happier with them.  They're super easy to fit and excellent quality.

Exhaust looks great, would you have any pictures of the mounting point? first T7 exhaust lift I have seen with the mount hidden.. Awesome work...

• Like 2

I’ll second that. Nice looking job, bracket is well tucked up in. Please post a photo of your modified bracket.  I have all the parts and plan on starting fabricating my own high exhaust soon. 

Edited by Richarddd
  • Like 1

Thanks guys.

As there is a 7 page topic already going covering high level exhausts and the various options available, I'll pick things up within that thread.  I'll post some more pics including the modified hangar/bracket.  If I can, I'll also upload a video to YouTube so it can be heard!!! 

9 hours ago, Stujamur said:

Is the hanger cut off ?

Yes, the hangar is cut and shortened

• Like 3

Thanks for the info

it looks great and i think cutting the hanger is not an issue for me ( but it is for a lot of people ). 

Love to see some details on the cut hanger with mounting for the exhaust bracket

i was thinking cut it up and weld some flat bat between the remaining hanger posts with a hole for the exhaust bracket bolt 

Edited by Stujamur