Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

700 Tenere

Ronald

Question

Hello

I just bought a new 700 Tenere and installed the optional power dash outlet on right side of dash . I plugged into connector behind right panel. 
I also installed led aux. lights on front, power cord for heated vest and power for my Zumo Garmin. 
I wired all the accessories with fuses directly to the battery. after 1 day the battery went dead. I disconnected all the wiring I installed , but the battery will not charge now. Did I short it out?

I started the bike after the install and everything seemed to be fine.

any help would be appreciated 

thank you, Ron

2 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Ronald said:

Hello

I just bought a new 700 Tenere and installed the optional power dash outlet on right side of dash . I plugged into connector behind right panel. 
I also installed led aux. lights on front, power cord for heated vest and power for my Zumo Garmin. 
I wired all the accessories with fuses directly to the battery. after 1 day the battery went dead. I disconnected all the wiring I installed , but the battery will not charge now. Did I short it out?

I started the bike after the install and everything seemed to be fine.

any help would be appreciated 

thank you, Ron

Hello Ron.

One of the items you have installed is causing a draw on the battery.  Remove the battery from the bike and hook it up to a battery charger for several hours or longer.  If the battery will not accept a charge, it will need to be replaced.  

Once the battery is sorted out and installed, use a meter and to see what newly installed accessory is the bad guy.  Then decide if it needs a switched circuit.  Hope this helps.

Lead acid batteries do not like being completely drained. I accidentally did the say thing on my super Tenere, first time it went flat I saved it and recharged it, the second time, needed a new battery.  And even after the first time, it didn’t want to stay charged for more than a week without the trickle charger

Mike