Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Kriega OS-base luggage cracks the plastics?

Wizna

Hi everyone!

I'm waiting for my bike to be delivered and I want my luggage system to be ready when it finally arrives.

I really like the Kriega OS-bases system but I also have some worries with it.

How does the plastic survive underneath? I don’t mind some scratches but does it crack with the weight?

I saw some Australian guy reinforced the plastics with some plastic ribs glued inside.

Any thoughts or honest reviews will be appreciated..

Edited by Wizna

18 hours ago, Wizna said:

Hi everyone!

I'm waiting for my bike to be delivered and I want my luggage system to be ready when it finally arrives.

I really like the Kriega OS-bases system but I also have some worries with it.

How does the plastic survive underneath? I don’t mind some scratches but does it crack with the weight?

I saw some Australian guy reinforced the plastics with some plastic ribs glued inside.

Any thoughts or honest reviews will be appreciated..

I ran the Kreiga OS base ( The one made for the Tenere 700 not the Universal one).  I had OS 18s on either side.  I used 3M clear on the panels and did about 800 miles with it.  About 75 miles of it rugged offroad in the Eastern Sierra.  No cracks.  But each bag maybe weighed 10-15 lbs.  My whole camping kit is about 40 lbs with tools in a OS10 and tent in a 20 Liter roll top that rides on the pillion.  IF you can keep the weight from flopping around it is better.  I have since moved to a AS siderack.  I didn't like how the OS Tenere kit was built.  I still have it just haven't got around to selling it.  It didn't fit well with the OEM Rally seat.

J

Just smarter to get either the Adventurespec or Rally Raid side racks. Don't have to worry about rubbing plastics or damage from loaded bags if dropped. Gives you additional attachment points for other items. 

All good points, thanks for the feedback. My bike comes with the OEM Rally seat, so this is another thing to worry about if it doesnt fit well on it.

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2021 at 2:21 PM, Wizna said:

All good points, thanks for the feedback. My bike comes with the OEM Rally seat, so this is another thing to worry about if it doesnt fit well on it.

Hi, 

I have the OS Tenere base and rally version of T7 with the rally seat. It fits tight but ok. 

17 hours ago, Mezekk said:

Hi, 

I have the OS Tenere base and rally version of T7 with the rally seat. It fits tight but ok. 

Got the info from Kriega Support that they are currently working on brackets for the passenger foot-pegs mount comparable to the KTM 790 version. This should solve the problem with the tight fit when using the rally seat. 

• Like 2