Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Chain adjustment

ja7455

22 hours ago, JayD said:

@rumrumThanks, yeah, its supposed to be mesured from that rubber lip.

I was talking about a chain guide that you bolt on, I have the Acerbis one. It seemed to me that mine was keeping the chain up just sligthly, but taking of that small plastic piece that the chain slides against to measure didnt take me much time. Thanks for the reply!

in that case it may do. Have a look at the camel ADV vid about chain adjustment. you may have to do it like he did.

@rumrumThanks for the suggestion. I took of the replaceable part of the chain guide, which is only four screws, and measured it - didn’t seem to make a very big difference. After a few times I’ll get used to it and dont have to take it off when measuring 🙂 

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/29/2022 at 3:02 PM, Thriller said:

not my design but if you 3d print here is one

featured_preview_Chain_tension_gage.png

This is a Yamaha Tenere 700 Chain Tension Gauge. You can use it to check the chain tension on your Yamaha Tenere 700 motorcycle. -put motorcycle on side stand -no load on the motorcycle (don't sit on...

Late to this: to be sure, this tool accounts for the distance to the CENTER of the side plate, right? even though it measures to the edge of the plate. 

Thx.

9 hours ago, thepointchris said:

Late to this: to be sure, this tool accounts for the distance to the CENTER of the side plate, right? even though it measures to the edge of the plate. 

Thx.

Yes, that is how I designed it.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...