Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Overwhelmed

Motorcyclegordy

4 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

I throw in my 2 cents: 

~Rally Raid upgraded heavier rear spring as stock spring is made for a North American teenage boy. 

~Camel headlight anti bobblehead

~Skid plate (Camel gutgaurd as it has the linkage protection) 

~Engine case guards (Triple Clamp)

~tires (Motoz Tractionator RallZ)

~T7Rally screen adjuster (I use this every time I get on the freeway for more than 20 minutes, absolutely amazing and cheap)  

~crash bars (Adventure Spec) 

~larger foot pegs (IMS Rally)

~handgaurds (Cycra Pro)

~T7Rally tail tidy

~LED blinkers that I wired into running lights both front and back

~Camel high fender kit (if you've ever seen sticks and rocks lock the front wheel of a low fender, you'll know why to get a high fender kit)

Been riding for 41 years since I was a kid, but only rode and raced dirt bikes. This is my first adventure bike. First twin. First bike not born of Earth. First bike over 310 pounds. And I can say doing these mods will take the T7 and help it handle off-road, within reason. The suspension on the bike is under-sprung and the forks are twigs so going fast through whoops and you'll notice it. But just good old rallying on wide forest roads and logging roads and the bike handles like a porky  WR450, which isn't a bad thing yet you could ride it to Alaska right after. And then turn around and ride back and not have to worry about it breaking down hence why I bought it. Long trips that the dirt bikes can't do, or rather I cant do on the dirt bikes. The engine albeit not exciting at upper RPM's, is just an absolute grunt and joy to ride, especially down low on steeps. Love the motor. 

IMG_0373.jpg

I’m in the same boat. I have a yz250x still so I’m not going full off-road am single tracking on this bike. Single track in Montana is much different than single track in other places. I’m can’t wait to hit the back roads and explore more of Montana. 

looks like the anti bible is out of stock. I need some soft luggage, heated grips and seat time. 

Edited by Charles De Mar
Added info.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 2:13 PM, gone2seed said:

Among friends here. Our demographic  is varied. I expected to find more young’ns tho. Seems  most of us are on the other side of sixty.

T7 will work for most.

Unless you expect a gold wing on the street and A 701 enduro in the dirt.

This is interesting!  I’ll be 67 in August. I had the impression from AdvRider that most T7 owners were younger.  Glad to see this.  I’m selling a GS Adventure to buy the T7.  Like every new owner reading up on where to start with what on mods.   

• Like 1