Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Just ordered a Wings T7 exhaust

Cruizin

On 10/5/2022 at 9:02 AM, luke29ermtb said:

I don't often ride my bike at revs where it is producing peak power and torque. The look, sound and weight savings are great but I really don't want to do is sacrifice any low end power or torque.

Does the Wings slip-on change the power or torque characteristics of your T7s, particularly at low - mid range revs (2000 - 6000rpm)?

After some research elsewhere I bought the Wings from Mototoys here in Australia and installed it on the T7 with the db killer fitted. I've only done a 60km ride and took it easy per the installation instructions. It looks good, sounds great and obviously saves a couple of kilograms.

The most noticeable performance change is that the engine revs more freely now and seems smoother as well. It is difficult to explain. Stock, the engine was really comfortable around 4,000rpm and had to be encouraged to rev harder. Now it just goes straight past that to 5,000 and on its way to 6,000 before you know it. That is how it should have been from the factory but I'm guessing they choked it around 4,000 - 5,000rpm to pass sound requirements.

I've done a bit of slow speed low rev stuff and that doesn't seem to have been impacted at all so I'm very happy with the result.

Edited by luke29ermtb

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 12:55 AM, luke29ermtb said:

After some research elsewhere I bought the Wings from Mototoys here in Australia and installed it on the T7 with the db killer fitted. I've only done a 60km ride and took it easy per the installation instructions. It looks good, sounds great and obviously saves a couple of kilograms.

The most noticeable performance change is that the engine revs more freely now and seems smoother as well. It is difficult to explain. Stock, the engine was really comfortable around 4,000rpm and had to be encouraged to rev harder. Now it just goes straight past that to 5,000 and on its way to 6,000 before you know it. That is how it should have been from the factory but I'm guessing they choked it around 4,000 - 5,000rpm to pass sound requirements.

I've done a bit of slow speed low rev stuff and that doesn't seem to have been impacted at all so I'm very happy with the result.

How much louder is the Wings can over the stock exhaust?  I really like the quiet and stealthiness of the stock exhaust but have always been tempted by the Wings.

8 hours ago, Seventh Son said:

How much louder is the Wings can over the stock exhaust?  I really like the quiet and stealthiness of the stock exhaust but have always been tempted by the Wings.

With the dB killer installed there is a noticeable but not an obnoxious increase. The stock exhaust is quite nice at idle and low revs but seems to get quieter as the revs rise whereas the Wings provides a slightly deeper sound all the way up the rev range. I haven't tried it with the dB killer removed as I like it just the way it is.

At highway speeds with Alpine red earplugs (20dB) in I have to listen hard to hear it.

Edited by luke29ermtb
Added earplug info
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 6/9/2021 at 12:24 AM, Stefos said:

I know this is an old post, but can you please take a photo from the rear of the bike to see how much clearance the wings exhaust has from the swingarm? Have dropped it from that side and if yes did it bend the bracket, did it touch the swingarm? Many thanks!

+1 to this question. Does anyone know if the Wings bend is further from the swingarm than the stock? Will a right side fall cause rubbing on the swingarm?

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, D7Seas said:

did anyone manage to  fit the wings exhaust with an after market header like Akapaovik or arrow one ?

headers that say the original fits.. than you should not have an issue

• Like 1