Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Touratech One peace comfort seat

didier

Just noticed Touratech has added one peace comfort seat to their product range.

https://shop.touratech-france.com/selle-confort-une-piece-fresh-touch-pour-yamaha-tenere-700.html

It is available in 3 seat heights.

Looks like a great alternative although it is not a cheap one.

Did someone test it and can share the experience?

Edited by didier
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

From reading about user's experience, the Touratech seats seem to have a good reputation for comfort and quality.  These aren't showing up on the Touratech USA website, I hope they do.  

On 2/22/2021 at 4:16 AM, Toei said:

From reading about user's experience, the Touratech seats seem to have a good reputation for comfort and quality.  These aren't showing up on the Touratech USA website, I hope they do.  

I just purchased a 2021 T7 up here in Canada, & was looking at the Canadian Touratech site & they are listed there!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bighopper said:

I just purchased a 2021 T7 up here in Canada, & was looking at the Canadian Touratech site & they are listed there!

They must have just added them, I checked a couple of weeks ago and they weren’t there. Damn they’re expensive!!!

I had a Touratech seat on my 800GS, it was great but I also picked it up used for a fraction of the price. 

Edited by Burner

1 hour ago, Burner said:

They must have just added them, I checked a couple of weeks ago and they weren’t there. Damn they’re expensive!!!

I had a Touratech seat on my 800GS, it was great but I also picked it up used for a fraction of the price. 

I also have an 2003 R1150GSA (trying to sell) that i got a Sargent seat used for $300US 9yrs ago. I think I might try the AirHawk for those long days in the saddle to get to gravel (a friend has one I will borrow to try) but this is all mute now as there is too much snow/ice on the roads here.

7 hours ago, Bighopper said:

Oh wow, thanks for the heads-up!  Hopefully that's a good sign that it will come to the US.  A comfier seat would help transform this bike for me, so I'm willing to shell out Touratech money to get that.

Sargent is my backup plan, they show they have one in development for the T7.  

Actually I stand corrected (just looked it up on the Canada site) - that's way more than it costs in the EU.  Don't think I could muster that much, and don't think many T7 owners will either.  Guess I'll wait for the Sargent.  

@ToeiYep 30€ cheaper in France. But still at 518€ I prefer to invest in front suspension than in a seat. Maybe bagster will release something...

I wonder why Yamaha didn't release comfort version like for the rear seat. Probably they assume the original rear is totaly crap 😄

@didier I subtracted the 20% VAT from the French pricing.  Normally we can do that when ordering from Europe, although Touratech doesn't allow for shipments from Europe to USA (I've tried).  After the conversation to USD, I come up with $667 versus $500!  

Only surf onto the Touratech site when looking for a good dose of sticker shock. They may turn out some good products, but at a premium co$t.

You’d need all the comfort that seat could offer afterwards....

• Haha 1

Looking at the flat wider section of the seat, it looks like it's really far back.  It doesn't get wide until the first rear rack bolt.  I'm 6'3" and my riding position is well in front of that.  My tail bag sits essentially where Touratech's wide part starts.

I'd need the High version.

image.thumb.png.441f79df056b948b87e93ff38c14788c.png

image.thumb.png.83bff5941a16d8baf776f9b6edb559ff.png

For comparison, here's my OEM Rally seat.  The Ass-pad is where I usually sit just in front of the tail bag which is well in front of the first rear mount point.

24F676AA-C456-4BCD-877F-C0F019C4FB38.jpeg.454011c413ca26fdc81cf412283b6c06.jpeg

J

Edited by Goldentaco

• 3 weeks later...

Touratech seat is on the US site now. Everyone grab a seat......

$800

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Yamajet said:

Touratech seat is on the US site now. Everyone grab a seat......

$800

Such a deal!

As a car salesmen once told me, there is an ass for every seat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since I learned from Sargent that they will not be offering a one-piece T7 seat, I was inclined to try to get one of these (before today).   But the USA pricing is aggressively contemptuous.  Just think, I'm sure Touratech is making a handsome profit selling these for $500 (equivalent) in Europe.  What then would the total USA markup be? 

This makes the Canadian pricing we mocked earlier seem like a reasonable deal!  If there were a BC dealer offering these I'd consider riding up there for one (I'd strap my old one on the back on the way back down).  

Perhaps if no one buys one in the US they will lower the price  😂.  Then again, being special-order only they probably don't give a crap.  

Right......  Canadian site is  equal to $680 USD.    

Oddly enough, a quick look finds the BMW seat prices are less and actually similar in across US-Canadian-UK/EU sites. 

Wonder if was a mistake?  

Now, about those seat concepts........

For those of you not satisfied with the stock seats, have you looked in your local area for someone who can build you one? After getting extremely frustrated with Corbin and then Sargeant I've had a local guy build me 3 seats now for 3 different bikes custom to my needs. Custom foam/cover/stitching etc. Was a bit iterative until we got it perfect, but using the stock pan the most expensive one (1993 Yamaha GTS) was $400 CAD.

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

• 9 months later...

Can someone bought the seat of touratech and can writte an opinion? I'm between the touratech seat or rally version from yamaha but the last one don't seems very confortable also for long ways.

I need to switch my original seat, it's really horrible after more than one hour...

• 3 months later...

Hello. I have the rally seat from Yamaha. After about 4 hours of riding, things are starting to hurt.

Also looking to try this Touratech seat, but the price...

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 Rally Edition / 2018 Husqvarna TE 250i / 2008 KTM EXC-450 R

1 hour ago, indispus said:

Hello. I have the rally seat from Yamaha. After about 4 hours of riding, things are starting to hurt.

Also looking to try this Touratech seat, but the price...

Which rally seat do you have @indispus? The new 20mm one or the original 40mm one?  I found the newer one similar to the two piece. I got the original one piece which is way more comfortable and quite plush. I managed 6 hours on it in shite conditions. Motorway tailbacks all day. Pissing down. Wouldn’t mind comparing it to the touratech one though. 

Edited by Dougie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dougie said:

Which rally seat do you have @indispus? The new 20mm one or the original 40mm one?  I found the newer one similar to the two piece. I got the original one piece which is way more comfortable and quite plush. I managed 6 hours on it in shite conditions. Motorway tailbacks all day. Pissing down. Wouldn’t mind comparing it to the touratech one though. 

I have the old 40mm one that came with the 2021 Rally Edition from factory.

• Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 Rally Edition / 2018 Husqvarna TE 250i / 2008 KTM EXC-450 R

4 hours ago, indispus said:

I have the old 40mm one that came with the 2021 Rally Edition from factory.

Let us know how it goes if you do get the touratech.