Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Accessories/Extra equipment weight

Trollbiker

I dont think manufacturers of extra equipment is very clever to tell us the weight of the equipment. As weight is important (we dont want to add too much weight to our bikes) I think it would be nice if everyone buying an item is weighing it before mounting. I will start the list with crash bars and hope other users will help to let the list grow. If anyone know values is incorrect please post correct values, ideally it should be confirmed by users installing. I will put a M behind items where the manufacturer gives the number and an U behind it when information is supplied by user(s)

Crashbars:
GIVI: 3.6 kg (U)
SW-Motech (lower bars) 4.8 kg (U)
Outback Motortek 5.5 kg (U)
Adventure Spec 2.8 kg (M)
Hepco & Becker 3.3 kg (M)
Hepco & Becker Tankguard Extreme 5.6 kg (M)
Heed Basic 5.5 kg (U)

Batteries:

YTZ10S OEM Battery (for reference): 3.1 kg (U)
LTZ10S Lithium Ion Battery replacement: 0.9 kg (M)

• Like 5

I've started a similar thread where we post weight of items... 👍... Once we have enough data I will edit first post with all the information so that people can refer to before buying and have information about weight. 

Aleks 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I've started a similar thread where we post weight of items... 👍... Once we have enough data I will edit first post with all the information so that people can refer to before buying and have information about weight. 

Aleks 

Thats awesome....let us join in the effort to make a weight list of all kinds of equipment. 

• Like 1

just installed the OEM crash bars, rear rack, side case mounts and the bike got a little lower. now i can tip toe it with the whole ball of my feet, lol.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, gvmumbral said:

just installed the OEM crash bars, rear rack, side case mounts and the bike got a little lower. now i can tip toe it with the whole ball of my feet, lol.

Those would have made great tech tips if ya had taken some pics while installing. 

• Like 1

• Cruizin changed the title to Tenere 700 Accessories/Extra equipment weight