Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 side stand switch repurposed.

Hammerhead

Yeah, sorta defeats the purpose spilling the blood to all the sharks in these waters...

• Haha 2

So do I. And if it saves me or anyone else from ever having their pony rustled, it’s worth sharing. Lots of riders keen to just bypass or delete these switches altogether, for fair reasons. But this seemed a decent alternative use.

• Like 1

Almost inevitable & why I went here before that happened. Tinfoil guard on mine was showing clear signs of the eventuality.

To be clear, you DON’T need a handy little cap lever like the blue one I used. It can still be switched with the pin actuator on the bottom, covered by the red cap that just made it a little easier on the digits. And it’s far less  conspicuously a switch of some sort without the mountain bike bling. I just happened to have such a thing & it also happened to fit perfectly.

• 1 year later...

very nice!  And to think I was just going to defeat the switch, this is a much better idea!  Thanks!!  I guess the key is hiding it in a good spot too, keeping it inconspicuous, and yet still easy to access.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rosok said:

very nice!  And to think I was just going to defeat the switch, this is a much better idea!  Thanks!!  I guess the key is hiding it in a good spot too, keeping it inconspicuous, and yet still easy to access.

Cheers! Having one well stashed is extra piece of mind in itself. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/13/2022 at 9:02 AM, Hammerhead said:

Cheers! Having one well stashed is extra piece of mind in itself. 

Brilliant 👏!  I purchased the Camel Adv over ride plug, but I think I'll go with your idea.

• Like 1