Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello From Italy

HugoB

Hello Everybody, 

I've been rogue posting and lurking a bit around on the forum, but for now its time to step out of the shadows, into the light, as for this Saturday I'm supposed to pick up my T7 from the dealer. (given all paperwork is sorted in time)

Originally I listed for a Euro 5 Rally model due to arrive first week of march but the dealer called me today to say it was postponed to 30th of April....yikes..

So I went to pay him a little visit and ended up getting a good deal on a 2020 euro 4 blue/grey/black, which was actually my least favourite colour of them all.. but given the big discount and the no waiting I decided to give this love affair with the blue tenere a chance and signed for the bike.

worst case scenario:" here come the decals... " 

I'm from Belgium but located in Italy. When the pandemic settles I'm planning on doing some more serious adventure riding, intercontinentally, heading east.

For now though, looking at the current situation we unfortunately find ourselves in, it will be local rides and perhaps some events...

speaking of events.... anyone see anything about the T7 rally being organised in Italy by Yamaha? I'm interested in joining this event, maybe some more among the forum as well? seems like it could be awesome. 

in the meanwhile my box of goodies to bolt onto the T7 fortunately is about the go on a diet and lose some weight, since it will be put on the bike. 

the funny part of being "downgraded" to a base model, no offence there 😛 , is that it's kinda cool the do all the research again. after all I'm actually super happy with the money saved from the "rally version" I can actually get super rad upgrades and make the bike more of a mad max vehicle as opposed to the "rally edition". 

will do all the right postings regarding these items and questions in the right forums. just quick insight though, I'm thinking full SC-project system, twin air intake pre filter, remap and at some point perhaps fine tune the suspension, but there is time for that...

as some general info about me, my name is Hugo, I'm 31 and I currently live in the south of Italy, riding is great here. used to cruise around on my father's 1150GS(decat, remap, exhaust, full abs removal, full Öhlins, etc etc 😛 ).  and have my dirt bike I go do enduro with, my Sherco SEF 300 (love this). 

I bought the t7 as a travel companion, because I want to travel less on pavement and more off-road on the tet and gravel/fire road and piste etc...., and since destroying my fathers GS wasn't an option, and doing a service every 15 hours on the Sherco is not either... here comes the tenere! woohoo

I hope to meet some likeminded enthusiasts here and hope we all have a good time whilst doing so! 

ps the blue grey black bike is actually super growing on me and I now love it 😛 

Kinds Regards

Hugo

• Like 3

some random picture on a local ride, hopefully this will be a blue T7 soon! (even though I might destroy it taking it too hard into the rocks so soon 😛 )

IMG_0046.jpg

• Like 2

we dont have those trails in my country.

love the vieuw. and i see your brand loyal 😛

welcome

• Like 1

Welcome! I’m from Norway, and as soon as the restrictions are lifted, I plan on riding down the west coast of Europe, and eventually end up in Italy.

Una tazza di caffe, per favore!

• Like 1

Nice area to ride the bike in the picture.  Thanks for the  view.  We need some  before and after pics if you're going to ride the T7 in there.  Looks unforgiving.

Welcome @HugoB to the forum.

• Like 1

I plan to do some trails in Italy in 2022 as this year it seems to be impossible with all that covid Shet. I also wanted the Rally but could get a red white standard model (Euro 5) earlier and will get it hopefully end of March.

Ci vediamo!

Dottore

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Hugo, congrats on the new bike. I am curious to know what heading east means? Would you travel outside of the EU countries or is there lots of adventure to be found closer to home? 

Looking forward to hearing about your eastern adventures.

Cheers from a Canadian 

13 hours ago, JayD said:

...and eventually end up in Italy.

Una tazza di caffe, per favore!

Ma certamente 😄 

13 hours ago, Landshark said:

Nice area to ride the bike in the picture.  Thanks for the  view.  We need some  before and after pics if you're going to ride the T7 in there.  Looks unforgiving.

Welcome @HugoB to the forum.

Fingers crossed 😛 maybe after the break in though 😛 

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I plan to do some trails in Italy in 2022 as this year it seems to be impossible with all that covid Shet. I also wanted the Rally but could get a red white standard model (Euro 5) earlier and will get it hopefully end of March.

Ci vediamo!

Dottore

couldn't agree more.. done waiting, time for riding 😄 

11 hours ago, HucknChuck said:

Welcome to the forum Hugo, congrats on the new bike. I am curious to know what heading east means? Would you travel outside of the EU countries or is there lots of adventure to be found closer to home? 

Looking forward to hearing about your eastern adventures.

Cheers from a Canadian 

sooooo the dream plan would be this:   Start in Puglia where I live, cross over to Istanbul, through Greece probably like TET stuff. same for turkey crossing all TET stuff. after that either Iran and cross over to the Pamir highway, or head north through Georgia and Azerbaijan take ferry and then same Pamir highway through the Stans to end up in Kyrgyzstan, keep heading north a bit to Kazakstan and make way to the capitol of Mongolia for summer...and hang around there a bit and explore the land of the great Khans 😄 ... that's the plan so far (part 1). 

part 2 would be after some time in mongolia head down towards Australia, spend some warm summer months there... (haven't really planned or looked at anything just a general idea)

part 3 head back through south east Asia, again warmer months, and be back in Italy the summer after..

according to beer infused calculations this could lead to a 3 summers in a row on motorbike timespan for this trip 😛

only thing that is slightly a concern of part 3 is the expense of life in Australia from what I hear and see from other people... but it seems the coolest place ever for offroad expeditions...

riding from summer to summer. (theoretically)(but I think it could be a thing)

would be cool to meet some people along the way and do little rides or perhaps legs of the trip or beers or whatever 😛 

hopefully this plan is live for 2022.. until then some more working and dirt bike training and trotting around the block so to speak... 

cheers 

• Like 1