Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 GAS CAP TETHER

Samm

inspried me to make a bracket..  ill keep you updated once i compleated a test version. once i get some time off that is 😄

• Like 1

Didn't know I needed one of these until now. Great job!

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

I have had more bikes in the last 50 years that the cap was free than not, so I haven't had any issues.

The key is needed to release the cap so when fueling I just place the cap on the ignition switch no problem, when done replace the cap and put the key back in the ignition, no problem.

Seems like another answer looking for a problem, but than again I'm old so who cares.

At least I have managed to get some rides in this winter in spite of the snow, so I am happy. Although my wife hasn't felt like it so her new bike still only has 40 miles on it waiting for warm weather.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, UtahJack said:

The key is needed to release the cap so when fueling I just place the cap on the ignition switch no problem, when done replace the cap and put the key back in the ignition, no problem.

This has been my routine so far too, no problem.

2 hours ago, Johnnyboxer said:

T7 Rally are designing a hinged gas cap, in billet and anodised alloy

They look great and will solve that problem of 'where to rest my gas cap' during fuelling

Your existing bike's gas cap lock will swap over

Thats UK only, please remember to mention that. This is a world wide forum. Shipping and communication from T7 rally to USA customers is very poor and long. 

3 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Thats UK only, please remember to mention that. This is a world wide forum. Shipping and communication from T7 rally to USA customers is very poor and long. 

you proberly mean eu. i and my mate had no scutch issues. me nl.  vriend de. 

2 minutes ago, CoreCass said:

you proberly mean eu. i and my mate had no scutch issues. me nl.  vriend de. 

We had many here on the forum, things blew up, they are no longer a part of our vendor program.  Lots of people with money out there for over a month, no return communication, it was ugly and I wont allow it to happen again to anyone on any of my websites. 

In fact, this thread is about @Samm who took some time and wrote up a "tech tip" as a solution to help some folks. 

• Like 1

• Cruizin changed the title to Tenere 700 GAS CAP TETHER