Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Euro 5 Friendly Bash Plates

NomadLad

Hey Everyone,

Unfortunately Yamaha have been left with no choice but to slap a catalytic converter on the headers pipes for the 2021+ models due to ever-more-strict Euro regulations.

Ive got my Ténéré coming in April,

I'm hoping we can start a thread to figure out what bash plates will be suitable on Euro 5 Ténéré 700's.

I've contacted Outback Motortek to ask what the deal is with theirs so will update when I know. 👍

• Like 3

This is what is comming 
Screenshot_20210220-105818.thumb.jpg.eef3cff91f1f44a9c96c064c7b161896.jpg

It is protruding quite a bit on the right side. Maybe no current skidplates will be compatible 😞

11 minutes ago, Mototifosi said:

We have had 2021 units here in the states for many months.  Can you post a link or pic of the CAT you are referring to?

I suppose in US Yamaha decided to call 2020 european versions as 2021 maybe for marketing purouses. But those are the same bikes. However for the EURO5 2021 version they may not arrive in the states. Atleast not with this ugliness...

Edited by didier
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mototifosi said:

SHYTE !!  Doesn't get to much uglier than that.  Should be sent to a doctor.. they must have a "pill" for that !

Pill would not be of any help. Maybe a transplant of a full akra headers may save it 😄  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, didier said:

Pill would not be of any help. Maybe a transplant of a full akra headers may save it 😄  

At the moment this is the surgery I am planning 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Vendor

Camel's Euro 5 compatible header is very close: 

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• 4 weeks later...

I fancied the moulded look of the Rallye Touratech guard - but today they confirmed it won’t fit my forthcoming Euro 5... bugger.

to decat or not decat - that is the question...

On 2/20/2021 at 1:48 PM, didier said:

And the check engine lamp will be on full time....

OBDII is going to change everything.

Hellooooo people i have just got my self a new 2021 and after emaileing camel adv they do have one in production so i hope it wont be to long before it comes to the UK.