Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Rekluse Auto Clutch!

Cruizin

I live in Boise Idaho and so does Rekluse, the worlds leading authority on Auto Clutches. Dirt riders and even street riders all over the world use Rekluse auto clutches and it's like cheating when riding off road. You can still use your clutch lever if you want, but why bother? You can ride in any gear, and not stall. Seriously. When riding of road on a heavy bike like ours, being able to just leave it in third gear is a godsend.    This auto clutch fits both the Tenere 700 AND the MT-07. Same engine. 

Rekluse Tenere 700 Auto Clutch

• Like 1

So Rekluse has tested there clutch with the new Tenere 700? btw. it's not listed on their website. Not even the 2019 MT07. I wonder how they could claim it will fit.

Edited by TE700

• 2 weeks later...

If it fit the Yamaha MT07 (listed at Rekluse homepage) it will fit the T7 also, it's the same engine. No difference if build 2016,17,18

Edited by Lupo

12 hours ago, Lupo said:

If it fit the Yamaha MT07 (listed at Rekluse homepage) it will fit the T7 also, it's the same engine. No difference if build 2016,17,18

I see. So Rekluse just assumed it will fit but they don't know because they couldn't test it with a Tenere 700 engine. That's not serious business.

• 1 month later...

I would like to hear from members that have used this type of clutch.  How does it change the riding experience and what are the pros and cons?

cheers

-Bob

• 2 months later...
On 10/21/2019 at 11:58 AM, Yammybound88 said:

I would like to hear from members that have used this type of clutch.  How does it change the riding experience and what are the pros and cons?

cheers

-Bob

I have a rekluse auto clutch in my 2009 husqvarna te450.   Makes it unbelievably smoother, impossible to stall, and generally just makes everything easier.

You can still use the clutch lever to lift the front end.  The only real con imo is the initial cost.  Most kits still use the same clutch plates as stock, just less of them usually.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

My friend has a rekluse auto clutch on his Honda crf 450r its awesome, but defo not gonna spend $800+ on a clutch eheesttttt beys madness. think i will wait also in the UK hard to find them.😞

Does the rekluse clutch feature slipper clutch characteristics? I mean Tenere 700 does not have slipper clutch so when you downshift with high rpms the rear wheel may block...Does the rekluse clutch work like a slipper clutch as well?

Thanxs for posting this Cruizin!

I have come close to pulling the trigger on a Rekluse clutch install on several previous rides. The WR250r would of rocked with one. At the time I was looking at one for that bike they were not offering it.

An old injury to the left wrist is gettin’ arthritic .  (damn cold doesn’t help)😊  The Rekluse might be just the answer!

Jeff

If you actually ride off road, a Rekluse makes you a much better rider.  A lot of enduro/ X country and even moto cross riders ride with Rekluse. I have one on my KTM 250 XC-W.  It makes the bike like impossible to stall.   In rough steep terrain, its a god send. And, a left hand saver.  When you let off the gas, there is zero engine braking because thats when the clutch engages and you just coast freely.  Just tap the throttle and you get engine braking. 

If you dont ride offroad, then you probably don't get any of what Im saying and dont need it. Unless your clutch hand gets sore.  Seriously, I know people who remove their clutch levers and put a rear brake lever in it's place. Which is pretty cool as well. 

Totally worth the money. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Cruizin, thanks for the "first hand" feedback...always the best kind! Question, why wouldn't the lack of engine braking especially in the lower gears which in the Tenere are tight (12&3) be a good reason to try Rekluse? I'd love a slipper clutch for the T700 and do 90% of my riding on road. Why wouldn't fitting the Rekluse help smooth out the ride on the black stuff? Would appreciate your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

We should bump this thread to the scooter fourm....lol...cannot say I would  ever consider a clutchless motorcycle....just not a real motorcycle in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/5/2020 at 8:58 PM, Cruizin said:

If you actually ride off road, a Rekluse makes you a much better rider.  A lot of enduro/ X country and even moto cross riders ride with Rekluse. I have one on my KTM 250 XC-W.  It makes the bike like impossible to stall.   In rough steep terrain, its a god send. And, a left hand saver.  When you let off the gas, there is zero engine braking because thats when the clutch engages and you just coast freely.  Just tap the throttle and you get engine braking. 

If you dont ride offroad, then you probably don't get any of what Im saying and dont need it. Unless your clutch hand gets sore.  Seriously, I know people who remove their clutch levers and put a rear brake lever in it's place. Which is pretty cool as well. 

Totally worth the money. 

Are there any cons when riding on pavement with this type of clutch?

9 hours ago, Cruizin said:

If you only ride street, you don't need an auto clutch.  Unless your clutch hand is sore or injured. 

I understand the benefits of the auto clutch off road - my question is are there any cons when riding on the highway?

cheers

-Bob

Less engine braking? No first gear to act as handbrake while parked?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, al700 said:

Less engine braking? No first gear to act as handbrake while parked?

That makes sense - thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, I don't have nearly as much first hand experience with this subject as many on this thread so apologies in advance if this question has been covered off in among all the comments above.
I want a slipper clutch for my T700, "not an auto clutch". I do most of my riding on road, I like having a manual clutch and despite being pretty adept at rev matching on change down would still like the smoothness a slipper clutch would offer.
Does anyone know of a slipper clutch option for our bike? Thanks.

Contact off-the- road.de. they offer 2 slipper clutch options. A basic one and one more sophisticated...

Hey al700, thanks for responding however i'm seeing
- hydraulic clutch
- clutch plates
- clutch discs
- clutch springs
but no slipper clutch....am I missing something if so link would be appreciated. Thanks...

You are not missing anything. You have to contact them via email...I don't know why they don't have them online. If I keep the bike, a slipper clutch will be one of the things I will add for sure. the basic one costs about 600 euros. if you want to customize the braking effect of the downshift the tension etc how abrupt it is I think they have a more sophisticated version around 1000 euros.

• Thanks 1