Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

European bikes turn indicator connector only 2 wires? where to tap in for DRL?

simonr

I noticed the front indicator connectors on my European bike have only two wires connected to them.

I am trying to install aftermarket LED blinkers with DRL function. Where can I tap in the third wire to get current for my DRLs?

Also, the rear LEDs have a brake light function. I presume I can tap in to the positive cable of the brake light to connect the LED's third wire?

Thanks!

• Like 1

The front leds could be connected to the power outlet found under both side fairings.

Thought of doing this myself this winter but I got lazy and moved the protect to next winter.

Please let us know how this works out.

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

• 3 weeks later...

In the end i replaced the 2-pins AUX connectors on both sides with aftermarket ones.

I soldered an extra wire on the female connector which I can connect to the third blinker wire.

That way I can still easily disconnect this third wire when removing the side panels.