Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Front tubeless wheel.

Limey

Has anyone found a Canadian  wheel builder? I’ve installed the Outex kit on front and back with good luck, but I’m a bit worried about the front rim not being tubeless.  Checked Woodys wheels and it $998 USD and then shipping and I’ll get hit with Duty on top of that. Any help appreciate thanks.

• Like 1

Nope. Did this same search last year, and nothing. I'm more than happy to build my own wheels as I've done a bunch of motocross ones, but can't find blue rims to match my T7. If I want to settle for silver or black, no problem.

As for the Outex, I've had my E-07 go completely flat from a puncture, and it never came off. That being said, I wouldn't recommend riding far. Other than the puncture, I run my E-07's at about 20 psi in the bush, and have never had a problem. I run a TPMS so I can keep an eye on it frequently.

• Like 2

I think I have Yamaha disease...

Same program here,  I just run a TPMS to be sure it doesn’t drop below 20PSI & trust it to stay on the bead. No worries.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Found a UK retailer who uses an Excel rim that has the safety bead provided you go with the slightly larger width option (2.15").  The complete wheel set with hub/spokes/nipples goes for 647 euro.  I think you still need to seal the rim as you would traditionally, but you would have peace of mind having the safety lip.

LINK

tenere tubeless from rim complete.png