Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Replacement tubeless rims?

VA2TX

Has anyone replaced the OEM rims with an aftermarket set that is tubeless?  RallyRaid sells a set but hey are $$$$$ after shipping to the US.  Thanks

Hi, yes I have replaced both rims. Silver excell with stainless spokes. I just thought the oem spokes were looking so nasty and I wanted tubless. Building the wheels was fun and easy. Also diy conversion to tubless was no problem.

4 hours ago, Phil64 said:

Hi, yes I have replaced both rims. Silver excell with stainless spokes. I just thought the oem spokes were looking so nasty and I wanted tubless. Building the wheels was fun and easy. Also diy conversion to tubless was no problem.

Where did you get your excel rims from? What specific rims (part# please) did you end up with? Assuming you are running and Outex tubeless conversion?

I think I have Yamaha disease...

Hi, I got them from Off The Road.

Who are based in Germany....I think!

Excel rims Yamaha Tenere 700,

Front | 1.85x21 | silver

Item #: EX-T700-181-SI

243,66 €

Rear | 4.25x18 | silver

Item #: EX-T700-42518-SI

319,29 €

As for the tubeless system...DIY. super strong silicone followed by super strong 3M tape. No leaks no mess..all good so far.

• Like 2