Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha Ténéré 700 - Connecting Devices directly to the Battery - What panels and brackets to remove.

orbsurfer

Video showing what panels and brackets to remove when connecting electronic/electric devices such as Auxiliary Lights, GPS Navigation, Heated Grips, etc. directly to the battery on the Yamaha Ténéré 700.

Removing panels and brackets on a new bike can sometimes be a little daunting, but just treat the task equal to assembling a piece of IKEA furniture; do one piece at the time and use the correct tool. Group the panels and bolts together as they are removed, apply blue Threadlocker on bolts where it is visible that the bolts had locking compound when mounting the pieces back on the bike, and if uncertain, draw diagrams, use notes and take pictures as pieces are removed from the bike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Orbsurfer

Thanks so much for providing this helpful resource. You clearly put a lot of work into crafting a professional quality video. I'll be doing a bunch of electrical work on my T7 in the next week or so. Your timing was perfect.

Dave

@orbsurfergreat video - working on the electrical this spring so this is perfect timing.  Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks much for the thorough walk-through, @orbsurfer! Wish I could favorite your video as a reference...will save me from breaking those plastic rivets 😬