Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tusk Crash Bars Preview

Womble

Rocky Mountain ATVMC just dropped a new video today showing off their pannier racks. You can clearly see a set of Tusk branded crash bars on the front of their bike, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LirYR2FBxig&t=7s

Hopefully they live up to the Tusk name, it would be great to have a well built, affordable, yet still good looking bar to match their pannier racks.

Tusk Crash Bars.JPG

I noticed this in one of their videos a little while back, could only catch a quick glimpse and not as much as you have shown here.    Not sure my eyes like the design but it seems like it might be effective.  Does it look like it flares out at the top, sort of like the shape of the SW-Motec bars but just higher up?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 12:36 PM, Womble said:

Rocky Mountain ATVMC just dropped a new video today showing off their pannier racks. You can clearly see a set of Tusk branded crash bars on the front of their bike, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LirYR2FBxig&t=7s

Hopefully they live up to the Tusk name, it would be great to have a well built, affordable, yet still good looking bar to match their pannier racks.

Tusk Crash Bars.JPG

Did you order the Tusk crash bars?   I’m thinking they are priced right, that’s for sure.  Looking for a reason not to get them.  Any issues?   
Thx

Should have thought of that.  Genius!   Except it’s going to happen.. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered a set last nite. Should be here next tues. Will update after the install. ...and again after the first  road (crash) test.

Installed this today. Take your time, read the directions, leave everything Loose till you get the engine/frame bolts started.

Not in the directions but I would recommend pulling the right side panel before you start. It will make getting the frame bolt started easier.

Ok , they seem solid. Not in a hurry to test ‘um tho.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

No crash test yet.

One low speed tip over, no damage,(except to my pride).

“ Pride goeth before the fall.”

No kidding!

• Like 1