Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Relocating foot pegs

Bucket Boy

Probably won’t be a popular option, but I’m a ex trials rider with big feet and just ride off-road. Simple mod to move my pegs back 1 3/8”. 
3/16 plate. Self explanatory via pictures: 

6F94AB90-F4B3-40A6-849C-1047E95F5378.jpeg

55DE5750-A3D0-4EA6-BCB3-CCC8B3B6B43C.jpeg

• Like 1

Original peg bracket is welded to the plate. I tilted mine 5 degrees down in the front. 
My boots are 14” long so the extra room to the shifter/brake is good for me. Short feet may need to cut/shorten them. 

Edited by Bucket Boy

I have been thinking of a solution like yours.

I haven't had my T7 long but the foot peg position being too far forward was one of the first things I disliked.

Thanks for the pics, I might copy your solution.

That’s awesome. Ill likely just buy something but I’d like to go down about 30mm. Nice job! 

1 hour ago, DT675 said:

That’s awesome. Ill likely just buy something but I’d like to go down about 30mm. Nice job! 

If you take off the brackets that the foot peg is mounted to and turn them upside down it will lower about 3/8 of an inch. Takes a few minutes and it’s free. I did it when I moved them back.

image.jpg

Edited by Bucket Boy

I don't think that will work. You welded your pegs on, I've still got the bolts on mine. It looks like the peg stay will hit the bolt head.