Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rapidbike Evo for Tenere 700

Xtenerider

Tonight i finished my installation of the Rapidbike Evo Exclusive fuel piggyback.

I have had different fuel controllers 

and seen all the good and bad stuff.

since i did not like to lock my ECU to some  licenced tuner, nor to send my ECU over the globe in these slow times.. 

i thought i might give this dimsport rapidbike a try.

as if i didnt like it it is Easy removed without any problems.

installation took 3 hours and was quite easy. Just plug n play.

bought from wrs evotec 350 euro inc shipping.

-testride went perfect.

bike is so much more refined smooth and powerful. Even at small throttle openings. 

For those who are skeptic- stay stock! Dont bother!

but for those who are curious how well these bike can run with a fuel piggyback- just order this and see for yourself.

// Richard 

C91FEDF9-DCEB-4ED0-9226-0A9D2554E0F8.jpeg

• Like 4

Following.  My main concern was also the locking of the ECU.  But you lose the benefits of fan temp change and losing the initial jerk coming off no-throttle... seems like both are good routes for different benefits.

Have you header akra/dominator/arrow... ?

Air filter performance (KN, BMC...) ?

Have you instal a map with rapid bike master ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bgweed said:

Following.  My main concern was also the locking of the ECU.  But you lose the benefits of fan temp change and losing the initial jerk coming off no-throttle... seems like both are good routes for different benefits.

There is no jerkiness left whatsoever after Rapidbike Evo installation.

fan temp is unchanged. Thats correct.!

4 hours ago, Black_T7 said:

Have you header akra/dominator/arrow... ?

Air filter performance (KN, BMC...) ?

Have you instal a map with rapid bike master ?

Only HP corse slipon is added. Rest is stock setup.

plug n play no map upload needed.

it adjust on the fly.

just came home from a good ride and i am totally satisfied!

Even more now:)

pics for evidence 

4F96894E-E791-4409-9176-26D8B056E708.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 1:00 PM, Xtenerider said:

There is no jerkiness left whatsoever after Rapidbike Evo installation.

fan temp is unchanged. Thats correct.!

So that initial jerk from going off-throttle to just into the throttle is gone?  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bgweed said:

So that initial jerk from going off-throttle to just into the throttle is gone?  

Yessir!

the dead 1/4 throttle spot has now changed to a responsive powerful and linear roll-on!  

...and letting of throttle and right after getting on it is no more dramatic than a carbed bike..

bet i can feel some overall improvent of top end power too. It definately feels stronger!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Question : ... I am wondering if the Rapidbike increases fuel at idle (to smooth out the jerkiness)

... I am often using engine braking - 0% throttle going downhill to slow me down so I would not want to loose that feature.

• 1 month later...

"installation took 3 hours and was quite easy. Just plug n play."

Richard, what did the installation involve please? There looks to be quite a bit of wiring to splice in. Easy to do? Instructions adequate? Looking to go for this mod myself....

I maybe wrong, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that this is not available on euro 5 bikes due to eu anti-tamper rules which came in with euro 5 regs. 

They advertise a 2022(ie euro 5 compatible) option. Yes you're right I believe that the Euro 5 ECU  is more tamper proof than previous iterations, however the promotional video I viewed on the uk distributors website ( performanceparts-ltd.co.uk ) suggests that module doesn't tamper with the ECU but works "around" it. (Not an exact quote but near enough!)

12 hours ago, Wharfe said:

( performanceparts-ltd.co.uk ) suggests that module doesn't tamper with the ECU but works "around" it.

Same as a power commander by the sounds of it, it takes the signals from the ECU and modifies them to enhance the AFR.  As long as they are setup to your bike's specs all will be ok otherwise it will run too rich, not a problem but you'll lose a little power, or too lean, very much a problem.

• 5 months later...