Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T-Rex Center Stand?

norton73

Anyone dealt with T-Rex before? They just listed an adjustable center stand for the Tenere. I'm wondering about the quality and service.

I lowered my bike with the Rally Raid links and slipped the fork tubes up 15mm, so I'd guess hefting the bike up onto a stock height stand could be a workout.

N77-7CS-2T.jpg

T-Rex Racing 2019 - 2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 Adjustable Center Stand

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I have it, and so far very good quality , adjustable , I have also the crash bar, also very well made

I ordered crashbars and bash plate from them for a Super Tenere. The parts didn't come close to fitting.  I had to pay shipping (over $100) back to them to get a refund that wasn't issued.  I ended up having to get the credit card company involved to get a refund for defective parts.

I also lowered my Tenere and I bought the T-rex adjustable side stand.  I have been happy with it.  My only complaint was that they should have supplied a stiffer spring with the stand. I ended up buying a spring from Camel ADV.  But quality and service were fine in my book.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 10:38 AM, Klebs01 said:

I ordered crashbars and bash plate from them for a Super Tenere. The parts didn't come close to fitting.  I had to pay shipping (over $100) back to them to get a refund that wasn't issued.  I ended up having to get the credit card company involved to get a refund for defective parts.

i ordered crash bars for tenere 700. not even close to fitting. called them and they said it would fit if you put bolts on in a certain way. nope.

i ended up heating and bending the right side engine bracket and bending the left side crash bar in the front. they look great when installed.

the next problem is now they are installed, i cant squeeze the tank anymore. my right knee hits the right crash bar. NOT happy about this!!

i also bought lowering links, (worked great), rear rack, (good) and adjustable kick stand. what they dont tell you is their kick stand is hella heavy compared to stock kick stand. i had to find a different spring to make it work.

with little options for adjustable center sand, i guess ill give them even more money and make the center stand work.

TTS

• Like 1
  • Sad 1