Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

front and rear axle diameter?

JDCooper

After changing a tire (and pinching the tube) in a MacDonalds parking lot on a hot Virginia day I've decided to give the Baja No Pinch tire tool a try. The kit comes stock for a 20mm axle. Anyone know what the T7 uses? Additionally.... has anyone put slime IN THE TUBE for a little more puncture resistance? I know it makes a real mess inside the rims of tubeless tires, but in the TUBE maybe better.

• Like 1

Buy the larger full kit as the front and rear axles are different So you’ll need this anyways. I’m unsure if the axle diameters sorry. 

I might try and change the rear later today and if so I’ll check. I’ll be using my Baja No Pinch Tool. Hopefully I don’t have any issues breaking the bead.  

Don't know axle diameter.

Slime is not speed rated unless it changed.

"Ride On" is similar and speed rated and has worked well on previous bikes.

Based on the listed bearing sizes from another post it should be 20mm rear, 22mm front

front wheel bearings......22 x 44 x 12    60/22  2rs     2 off

rear wheel left.................28 x 58 x 16     62/28  2rs     1 off

rear wheel right..............20 x 47 x 14      6204 2rs       1 off

sprocket carrier..............20 x 42 x 12       6004 2rs      1 off

Edited by williestreet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/23/2021 at 8:40 AM, JDCooper said:

After changing a tire (and pinching the tube) in a MacDonalds parking lot on a hot Virginia day I've decided to give the Baja No Pinch tire tool a try. The kit comes stock for a 20mm axle. Anyone know what the T7 uses? Additionally.... has anyone put slime IN THE TUBE for a little more puncture resistance? I know it makes a real mess inside the rims of tubeless tires, but in the TUBE maybe better.

@JDCooper did you ever buy the Baja tool? I just got one in for review and tested it. Safest way to remount a tire I have ever seen. Simple and easy to use, with a bit of practice...

• Like 1

I'm really interested in the answer to this too.  Would like to buy the Baja tool but cash flow isn't the best right now since I've been outfitting the bike and still need to buy camping equipment as well as luggage and GPS.  Thanks!

28 minutes ago, AirborneSilva said:

I'm really interested in the answer to this too.  Would like to buy the Baja tool but cash flow isn't the best right now since I've been outfitting the bike and still need to buy camping equipment as well as luggage and GPS.  Thanks!

32 minutes ago, AirborneSilva said:

@AirborneSilva The axle is the same front and rear at 20mm. I have the Rabaconda street tire changer and the baja no pinch - both use the  20mm axle shaft for front and rear.  Make sure to share what camping, luggage and GPS you are selecting. 

I have the Garmin zumo XT and the Garmin 700i. Have you decided on soft or hard luggage ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

The Baja No Pinch folks have a page for many bikes including the T7, and it's indeed 20/20

Not sure what size axle your bike needs? Check our comprehensive guide makes it easy to find the right size axle for your motorcycle to stay safe and secure.