Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

You have won a lot of money and have space in the shed. Your wish list is.....

shaneygrog

Well for me it would be the T7 first, of course!

A KTM dirt bike too, EXC150 probably.

And maybe a BMW R nine T for that ride to the pub on a nice sunny day.

Without being too greedy I think that would be a nice list though there are many other bikes i'd like as well.

• 7 months later...

I would get an wr250 for off road. 

A BMW Hp2 1200 megamoto. 

Nuda 900r 

Yamaha wr450 supermoto build with all the goodies. 

Might be a few more but this is my list for now 😁😅

• Like 2

hmm

if the corona fake story would be over and the people would start to think and a  fresh restart without the old system.

strip the bike t700, maybe contact durbahn

let the parts scan, let rebuild the frame in titanium with some changes 🙂, change parts against lighter maybe better ones,

go more minimalistic and remove all the last electronic abs stuff, to make the bike like my ktm 😄, nothing left.

and then a cp3 swap would be interessting. before swap go for good classic tuning, like my 660 engine.

camshafts, head machining, reinforced connecting rod, bigger injection...

i think a 170-180 kg enduro with about 130-140 hp would be funny to drive.

exhausting, could be, but it wouldn´t become boring over time 😄 and you can drive every where 😉

i have to say, that italian brands like ducati and aprilia offer some kind of such parts, to make the bike weight like noting 🙂 

i know because my brother have one tuono v4.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I would get an wr250 for off road. 

A BMW Hp2 1200 megamoto. 

Nuda 900r 

Yamaha wr450 supermoto build with all the goodies. 

Might be a few more but this is my list for now 😁😅

I owned a NudaR with full arrow exhaust, power commander etc. Fantastic looking machine and sounded mint. Wish I'd have kept it.

IMAG1018.jpg

IMAG1007.jpg

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Honda RC30 and TZ250 reverse cylinder, the last iteration. Plus an F3 MV 800 RC with open exhaust....

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Heh, thats easy, a nice stable with the following:

T7

MT-10SP
Van's RV8A

Tazmool

18 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

I owned a NudaR with full arrow exhaust, power commander etc. Fantastic looking machine and sounded mint. Wish I'd have kept it.

IMAG1018.jpg

IMAG1007.jpg

One of my favourite bikes of all time... I forgot to add that the 701 vitpilen with bars conversion is very fun to ride 👍

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Rich TT said:

IMAG1007.jpg

Rich TT, did you sell it to someone from N.Ireland? A dude i know of has one, he bought it England, Arrow pipe etc. 

• Premium Member

Good question....

A Yamaha MT-10 (Shet, I already have a brilliant one).

A KLX 450R, Shet have that too, lol.

Ok, yep a big shed be class with Kawasaki supercharged H2 thingy,

all types of SuperMotos,

for looks MV Augusta,

a YZ250 Yamaha, a new enduro bike, few classics, an RC30, Z1B 900 Kawasaki, a Suzuki GT750, a RG500 Gamma or RD500, a new Triumph of some type and I can’t believe that I’m saying this a a Honda Goldwing just to baffle and annoy mates. 

Everything else be wasted, lol.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, X Plane said:

Rich TT, did you sell it to someone from N.Ireland? A dude i know of has one, he bought it England, Arrow pipe etc. 

I sold it to a lad from London way in 2016. He was over the moon with it.

Cheers

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

I sold it to a lad from London way in 2016. He was over the moon with it.

Cheers

Good stuff. The one I rode was identical it even had the same Arrow can on it. Arrow exhaust must have been a popular mod.

I nearly got my hands on a Husqvarna TR 650 Terra. Husky tuned cylinder head (red top) end of the BMW (Rotax) G650 motor resulted in an extra 10 bhp. 

9 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Good stuff. The one I rode was identical it even had the same Arrow can on it. Arrow exhaust must have been a popular mod.

I nearly got my hands on a Husqvarna TR 650 Terra. Husky tuned cylinder head (red top) end of the BMW (Rotax) G650 motor resulted in an extra 10 bhp. 

Yeah, they're real nice. Love the red Cam/head cover on them.

Rich

• Like 1

Build a bigger shed.

And when Winston asks "What do you need John?", I'll say "Bikes. Lots of bikes" 

(That's an augmented, but correlated reference from a quote in John Wick 3.)

• Haha 2

Id spend it on plane ticket to Oz and tour the country on A T7.

Sell it ,fly home and smile everytime I checked out the videos.

Got new Africa Twin(s) for the weekend to test and I've got to say, I'm impressed. Previously owned 2016 AT and those two are great update. 

So getting back to the topic; I'd buy new Adventure Sports for sure for European long rounds, would keep my Tenere for daily fun and purely offroad longer and shorter expeditions, new 690 Enduro for big bike rally events and some light weight enduro/trial to boost up skills. 

New Ranger Raptor to transport those babes 😄  

IMG_20200502_152242_861.jpg

IMG_20200502_121805.jpg

Edited by LuceT7
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Norton v4 rr

Husky 701

Harley street fighter

Moto guzzi vt85

Royal Enfield himalaya

Ducati hypomotard

Mv brutale 800

• 1 month later...

A few come to mind...

TM Racing 530 SMM FI

Guzzi V85TT

HD... maybe the new FatBob

BMW R1250R

• 5 months later...
On 5/3/2020 at 11:18 AM, johnnygolucky said:

Build a bigger shed.

And when Winston asks "What do you need John?", I'll say "Bikes. Lots of bikes" 

(That's an augmented, but correlated reference from a quote in John Wick 3.)

Very fitting since Keanu Reeves is a HUGE motorcycle collector. 

Their is just something about this Moto Guzzi that tickles me just right...  It’s a custom scrambler/ cafe racer. So cool.  

BE48F16B-BCB3-4B2B-8D3B-2C3A17C3D283.thumb.jpeg.86a32d6090803a2b279817f077b86db5.jpeg

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, DT675 said:

Very fitting since Keanu Reeves is a HUGE motorcycle collector. 

Their is just something about this Moto Guzzi that tickles me just right...  It’s a custom scrambler/ cafe racer. So cool.  

BE48F16B-BCB3-4B2B-8D3B-2C3A17C3D283.thumb.jpeg.86a32d6090803a2b279817f077b86db5.jpeg

So cool indeed! That bike is balls. 

Yeah Keanu is the real deal. I've watched a recent vid of him showing the collection of bikes that he has. Impressive. And you ever see him doing 3 gun competitions on Youtube? Like real, not Hollywood competitions? It's just wild how fast and accurate he is. 

Chuck Norris wears John Wick pajamas to bed.

That's how badass Keanu is. 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I had no room in the Garage for more, so I just ordered an enclosed trailer. 10ft by 5 foot wide with rear ramp and tiedowns inside. 

674_5x10-_-Black-_-Slant-_-V-_-Motorcycle-_-Enclosed-_-Trailer_O73TA_005 (1).jpg

Im gonna build a fold down table space on one side of the interior and fold down bed on the other. Then, I can store various bikes as one bike stays in garage to be worked on in winter. And in summer I can take one or two machines and sleep in it/get out of rain while camping. 

With that out of the way I'm replacing my dearly missed KTM 250 XC-W with a Yamaha Raptor 700R. 

6000000001.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I had no room in the Garage for more, so I just ordered an enclosed trailer. 10ft by 5 foot wide with rear ramp and tiedowns inside. 

674_5x10-_-Black-_-Slant-_-V-_-Motorcycle-_-Enclosed-_-Trailer_O73TA_005 (1).jpg

Im gonna build a fold down table space on one side of the interior and fold down bed on the other. Then, I can store various bikes as one bike stays in garage to be worked on in winter. And in summer I can take one or two machines and sleep in it/get out of rain while camping. 

Nice, Cruzin!

I did that same thing about 10 years ago. Popped in 2 windows in the side as well. It was a little 5x8 and I insulated it, wired in led lighting, heater that all ran off a 1K Honda genny that I welded a coupling off the exhaust for a high temp hose so it could run in the back of the truck, with the hose sticking out from the canopy window and the electrical cord into the front of the trailed under a boat towel I installed. Kept it quiet and protected the genny from the rain and snow. Fold down table and removable bed. Rino lined the top so it never would leak. It was cheap and worked great for hauling the dirt bikes and and mountain bikes and camping in it as well as a mobile skiing and hunting cabin. 

Make me jealous looking at your future little camper, always wished I never sold that thing, great memories in it with the girlfriend and dogs. 

DSC_0040.jpg

• Like 1