Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Gas tank replacement

T7_Panhandle

Anyone thrown a new gas tank on their bike yet? I had an unfortunate drop where the tank went down on a big rock. I’ve read through the service manual and it seems straight forward. Saw the OEM tank on Partzilla.com for $360 usd. Anyone have any insight?

Although I haven't replaced my tank on my T7, I have removed and replaced a number of tanks on my bikes, and it is typically very straightforward. Just remember to disconnect the battery, and ground your body so the risk of sparks is limited.

If you want to get rid of your old tank, I'd be interested. Might make a great big tank conversion project.

I think I have Yamaha disease...

I've taken mine off and put it back on - there are a lot of stuff you've gotta take off, but it's easy enough