Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rear luggage rack by Altrider

Black_T7

Hi,

Do people use this Altrider luggage rack? I find it nice and very discreet, and I like the fact that it is fixed from the bottom for good support

Thank's all

installed-altrider-rear-luggage-rack-for

additional-photos-altrider-rear-luggage-

• Like 4

I fitted mine about a week ago.  Like it so far

Edited by zaskar
added link

@Black_T7  I don't have any pics at the moment.  It's pretty stock except for AXP skid plate and Cycra Ultra Pro Bend handguards.  I do have a Givi 47L top case from my last bike but I'm not planning to run that on this bike at this time.

Am just about to disassemble to do a mass install:

front blinkers, anti-bobblehead, rear blinkers & tail tidy, Rally Raid luggage racks, SW-Motec centerstand, possible some other bits that I've forgotten as I've been ordering things for a couple months.  🙂

• Like 1

Okay thanks ! I hesitate for the rack, i would like the AS but in EU it's not possible to order now (BREXIT), and they don't know when it's possible...!

And this rack is really nice too, but more expensive and it doesn't have passenger handles.

hi ,

looks great

rhe rack mounted to the bike just in the rear tail sub frame. does that limit the wheigt load on the rack?  

other solutions use the bolts near the seat to mount the rack

thank you

I had bad luck with my Altrider rack on my S10 - the counter sunk holes in the aluminum are a weakness. literally have my Givi trekker box on the rear rack, with just my raincoat on it, bke on a trailer, the aluminum supports for the rear rack cracked around the countersinking, and it was all ruined. Was less than a year after adding it to the bike. Response from them was "that not how its intended to be used, oh well" 

That being said, the design is ok, curious how it would hold up long term. all of the force if being transferred down to those bolt holes, which are M6 I think.  Also, since it has wings to go around the side of the bike, weight is going to be deforming it slightly (Think like a scissor jack) every bump. I could see it failing at the seams where the aluminum is bent. 

But who knows? Folks generally like their kit, I in fact got their headlight protector for the T7 since it seemed the best one at a reasonable price.

Mike

• 3 months later...

@zaskar, can you explain more about it not fitting with the OEM solo seat rack?  I’m not doubting your word but am wondering if something can be modified. Ive searched quite a bit and came to the conclusion this rack is about the only one that fits my criteria of what i want.  

• 3 weeks later...

I added one recently and find it very useful and also low key.  Altrider really does a good job of design from a fit and function standpoint.

• Like 1

Yeah I put the altrider one on my bike because I didn't want the side bars that the other rear racks have smashing into my ass over bumps, whoops or jumps. It's nice and slim, but not super sturdy. I couldn't find a weight rating on it but I wouldn't carry more then 15 or 20lbs on it.

20210831_183240.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 9/20/2021 at 3:07 PM, Canadian-t7 said:

Yeah I put the altrider one on my bike because I didn't want the side bars that the other rear racks have smashing into my ass over bumps, whoops or jumps. It's nice and slim, but not super sturdy. I couldn't find a weight rating on it but I wouldn't carry more then 15 or 20lbs on it.

20210831_183240.jpg

Had you tried that rack loaded on rough terrain? I'm worried about thoses 4 tiny bolt holding it....seem worst than a stock KLR rear rack...

Edited by FrenchT700

@FrenchT700 yes, I did testing with the rack, 2 full 1 gallon rotopax's and a toolbag (containing rain gear, tubes, tools, small airpump and a few other odds and ends). I ride pretty hard, certainly harder then I should have with that much weigh on the back. Other then it really effecting handling the rack held up well. I did a 10 hour rally with just the tool bag, probably around 10 lbs and it did fine. It's more durable then you'd think.  If you don't mind putting holes In  your fender plastic I'd consider the Camel adv rear rack. If it was out when I bought mine I would have likely bought it instead. 

Edit: I only ride in rough terrain 😉. I really only ride pavement to get to the rough stuff.

Edited by Canadian-t7
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...