Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

AZ trails

AZJW

• Moderators

Burger run today.

20230521_120453.jpg.b7ca11c6e54142097064f19c1967e5a0.jpg

Motorcycle related video as I rode my T7 to shoot this and the bike makes a brief appearance at 1:55. 🙂

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

My son & I took on Mingus Mtn this morning to scrub in my new AX-41 front & RallZ rear tires. A tough rock garden about 200 yds long tested our resolve, but we got through unscathed.   Since I'd ridden my T7 over this route before, figured I'd let #1 son "experience " this gnarly section. Verdict? Tires passed the test and are thoroughly scrubbed in!

20230808_092623.jpg.a8c0bf5038da298419f810423ecd99f4.jpg

FILE230808-090858F-frameat1m58s.jpg.6d7ff860dc79b38557f7506aba89666a.jpg

FILE230808-090858F-frameat2m1s.jpg.6022e09a274c471a56649f96101f43b2.jpg

FILE230808-093822F-frameat0m43s.jpg.43f4132b3804af2e7ae07d1e930033ab.jpg

• Like 3

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Nicely done John! How's the back holding out? I wish I were closer, you have some spectacular riding in your neck of the woods. Battling fires, and floods up here in Alberta/BC so riding has been a bit scarce.

I think I have Yamaha disease...

• Moderators

Hey Mike,  great to hear from you and back is doing ok, thanks. Note I handed off the big girl to my son when the going got tough.;).  Fires seem to be the norm, not as bad as you folks have been experiencing,  but a 10,000 acre fire was burning about a week ago just south of where we were battling rock gardens. 

Nice video pictorial of Hull Canyon. Good call on letting the young'n ride the hard bit of trail.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

T7 appears at 1:21, tame road, but #1 son likes the T7 better for his 6'2" frame. There's a Part II on my channel that is little bike only that takes a little tougher trail that would probably be a handful on the T7.  My 260 lb. Beta handled it just fine, no drama! ( interesting part starts at 2:25)

And yes, I've since modified my GoPro chin mount for Part II to show less front fender, more subject ahead. 😉

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

My son and I, along with a good friend on a 790,  recently participated in the ADV Lost Coast Dual Sport ride along the Northern CA Coast.  Rain for days before turned a fair percentage of the dirt course into an orange goo that was very slick, making me thankful both T7's had MotoZ RallZ rears.

I made the comment that I couldn't remember intentionally steering into wet leaves searching for traction, but most of that video didn't take place as we were struggling to even stand up in places, let alone get my Gopro mounted up to record the carnage.

It actually was a blast seeing 250 lb dual sports spinning like mad up muddy inclines and then doing the same ruts on the T7 that handled the task admirably.  Very impressed with the T7, yet again proving to me that the only real shortcomings of it is the guy death gripping the bars!

• Like 1