Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

BAR RISERS - BAR BACKS

Giasos

Hello everyone!! Hope you are all doing great and staying healthy.

New member here and the Tenere is my first ADV bike. Loving it so far.

The thing is that, i saw some pictures of me riding the bike and i noticed that i lean a bit to the front. My hands are not very long and i feel that the bar is somewhat far away from me.

I was thinking of SW MOTECH's bar risers - bar backs in order for the bar to come a bit up and back to me, making me sit more upward.

leh_00_039_21000_b_2_xl.jpg

SW-MOTECH bar back in black for Ø22mm handlebars can be positioned 21 mm backwards and 30 mm upwards, promotes a relaxed and back-friendly sitting position.

Notice that for now, the bikes main use is on the streets and i am planning to do some light offroading anytime soon.

Is the bike going to feel different on the handling? And if yes, for better or for worse?

Thank you all!

• 4 weeks later...

I am also wondering if anyone has any feedback about these or any other bar back risers.  I'm experiencing the same issue, just a bit too much of a forward lean for comfortable riding on the roads to the fun. 

• Like 1