Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Soft luggage reviews

Rossy NI

Hi guys, while waiting on my new T7 to be delivered I would like to get my luggage sorted.  I have narrowed it down to three options if anyone has experience of them. I don't intend to get a rack. Thanks Ross

Reckless 40L Motorcycle Luggage System | Mosko Moto - Mosko Moto EU

Luggage system Discovery, by Touratech Waterproof | Touratech UK: Online shop for motorbike accessories (touratech-uk.co.uk)

KRIEGA OS-Base Luggage System Yamaha Tenere 700 - Chainspeed Ltd

I have the Kriega, it fits well and stays put. The Touratech seems like the bags would fill with dirt and water. The Kriega has a roll top. Both have dry bags inside. A friend has Mosko on his KTM and likes them but also lost stuff when they developed a hole, but probably not the bags fault.

Thanks, I’ve just ordered the Kriega seat bag to start with. If happy I’ll get the matching side bags.

I got the Kriega set.  Be aware that the side bags do scratch up the side fairings.  So, either apply some Paint Protection film beforehand or be like me and convince yourself that it only adds character with all the scratches.  🙂

I also got the altrider rear luggage rack and mounted a GIVI Monokey trunk on top of it.  With that, and three Kriega bags and a duffle on top of the middle Kriega bag, I have a very compact slim luggage but carry alot of "stuff".  As a commuter, I just use the GIVI.  Will be hitting the trails in CO in 2 weeks.  So, I will see how it performs all loaded up!

9 hours ago, h1seoul said:

I also got the altrider rear luggage rack and mounted a GIVI Monokey trunk on top of it.  With that, and three Kriega bags and a duffle on top of the middle Kriega bag, I have a very compact slim luggage but carry alot of "stuff".  As a commuter, I just use the GIVI.  Will be hitting the trails in CO in 2 weeks.  So, I will see how it performs all loaded up!

Reading that, I'm thinking you're carrying well over 100ltr of luggage. If it were me I'd go through my stuff and see what I could leave at home. Try to either get rid of the extra duffle or the Givi box. It's not just weight that can get in the way, but bulk as well.

Anyway, just my $0.02. After ample experience of being on the road and shipping stuff back home or giving it away because it turned out I didn't really need all of it and it was just taking up room in my luggage. 😳

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

1 hour ago, duibhceK said:

Reading that, I'm thinking you're carrying well over 100ltr of luggage. If it were me I'd go through my stuff and see what I could leave at home. Try to either get rid of the extra duffle or the Givi box. It's not just weight that can get in the way, but bulk as well.

Anyway, just my $0.02. After ample experience of being on the road and shipping stuff back home or giving it away because it turned out I didn't really need all of it and it was just taking up room in my luggage. 😳

All good points!  What I didn't mention is that I plan on using my Givi Top box for food/beer runs and helmet storage when having lunch and such. Basically an empty trunk for convenience.  Also, for my upcoming trip, I don't plan on taking the middle Kriega.  Just the duffle.  The side Kreigas has all my camping gear and they are light, the duffle has all my clothes.  I am with you on bulk and weight.  I plan on doing a pass or two in CO so, I don't want to weigh myself down.  

• Like 2

I can't say enough good things about the Mosko Moto bags. I run a Reckless 10 for everyday use and Reckless 80 for long trips. A Reckless 40 may be the sweet spot. I did put on Rally Raid Soft pannier racks and a B&B off road tail rack for no other reason than to protect the side panels and somewhere to attach the rear straps. I know right no the Mosko Moto bags are hard to get but worth the wait. 

Here is my bike with the Rek 10 and 2 Fuel bottle holders. 

T7 Mosko Setup left.jpg

T7 Mosko Setup right.jpg

Edited by Offcamber
added
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Offcamber said:

I can't say enough good things about the Mosko Moto bags. I run a Reckless 10 for everyday use and Reckless 80 for long trips. A Reckless 40 may be the sweet spot. I did put on Rally Raid Soft pannier racks and a B&B off road tail rack for no other reason than to protect the side panels and somewhere to attach the rear straps. I know right no the Mosko Moto bags are hard to get but worth the wait. 

Here is my bike with the Rek 10 and 2 Fuel bottle holders. 

That Mosko Tank bag is like the ultimate unicorn in the Tank bag world.  You got a great setup.  Mosko is tier one for sure.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, h1seoul said:

Yeah I bought it way back in November during their Black Friday sale. I have the previous version on my Super 10.  Its a great tank bag. Love it.  MM was hit bad by pandemic supply chain issues. They are doing their best but since all their stuff comes from Asia it takes time. 

• Like 1

I'm running with MM Reckless 80 + Nomad and I've never had a better quality  luggage system in my 20 years of owning a motorcycle. Also MM is has great details on fastening things on your luggage.

That said, I think Nomad is just a tad too big for me. It scuffs just a little bit on my thighs when riding on pegs and that annoys the living s**t out of me. Still... great tank bag to have while touring. On shorter trips I usually take out the whole harness and Nomad and just go with stinger. For me it has all the space I need for a weekend trip. Maybe I'll buy Hood for short trips and everyday use, when they get things back to stock. 

In general I can easily say I'm one happy customer more in Mosko family.  I'd say that my next luggage system will most definitely also be Mosko, but in all honesty I don't know if I'm still riding when my Reckless will eventually fall apart. I don't believe you can actually wear these down in normal use without actually crashing on a freeway. Even then you can probably just order a new revolver and drybag from Mosko and be done with it...

Another vote for the Kriega. I am running the OS base with 2x 18l bags, with  a Givi ST607 expandable tail bag for camera, drone, waterproofs and groceries. More than enough room for full camping kit, food for 4-5 days and room to spare. The Givi is much more convenient for anything that needs to be got to quickly than any roll-bag system. 

If you have the rally seat the OS base is a tight fit, but with the right approach not a problem (loosen the top straps completely, attach the bottom straps, pull on the top to create room and slip the loops over the bolts. Pull tight and ride).

20210508_104536.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 8:03 AM, WalterT said:

Another vote for the Kriega. I am running the OS base with 2x 18l bags, with  a Givi ST607 expandable tail bag for camera, drone, waterproofs and groceries. More than enough room for full camping kit, food for 4-5 days and room to spare. The Givi is much more convenient for anything that needs to be got to quickly than any roll-bag system. 

If you have the rally seat the OS base is a tight fit, but with the right approach not a problem (loosen the top straps completely, attach the bottom straps, pull on the top to create room and slip the loops over the bolts. Pull tight and ride).

20210508_104536.jpg

Do you think the 18s hang too low when filled for someone with a high exhaust kit?

6 hours ago, devind93 said:

Do you think the 18s hang too low when filled for someone with a high exhaust kit?

Really cant give an answer to that - I still run the stock exhaust so any statement would be guesswork based on pictures I saw on the forum.  Would as well be dependent on the brand of high exhaust kit.

On 6/12/2021 at 3:17 PM, devind93 said:

Maybe this pic helps you to assess this?

20210508_104530.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 8:45 AM, WalterT said:

Maybe this pic helps you to assess this?

20210508_104530.jpg

this pic helps a ton. thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 11:03 AM, WalterT said:

20210508_104536.jpg

Are you using any racks to mount these?  I have a Yamaha OEM tail rack but nothing on the sides.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, CSMRich said:

Are you using any racks to mount these?  I have a Yamaha OEM tail rack but nothing on the sides.  Thanks!

Nope, the base is strapped between the passenger footpegs and the rear rack mounting screw threads in the frame with "bolts" supplied with the base. No need for any other hardware. 

Do side racks like the Rally raid or Adventure spec ones add any thing other than protection to plastic and weight?

11 hours ago, Wushuplayer said:

Do side racks like the Rally raid or Adventure spec ones add any thing other than protection to plastic and weight?

In the context of soft luggage: for some soft luggage they offer additional tie down points, but that's pretty much it.

• Like 1

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

I also run the Mosko 10 liter during the work week and a rackless 80 on longer adventures.  They fit spectacularly with my adventure spec rear rack and the customer support from MM is top notch.  These guys make some truly bombproof gear then test the hell out of it.

• 1 month later...

I've been considering Kriega, Mosko and Giant Loop.  All have their advantages . Anybody have any issues with a particular set up?  I have not found much feedback on the Giant Loop saddlebags.

On 6/2/2021 at 3:47 AM, duibhceK said:

For my part when I pack if I ask myself do I need this. And each time I ask this question to myself  I leave this item home . This brought me to be able to pack 2 25 litres bags not even full and my tent fit inside the bag as well

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve the Adventure Spec Magadan’s. They work well but the liners are too robust or thick so I replaced them with Sea to Summit lighter weight dry bags.

E1A9BD5D-E5EE-483F-B9C1-057FC86DBD2F.jpeg

• Like 2