Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

AZ - Schnebly Hill Road

AZJW

• Moderators

I took a solo ride this morning trying to beat the heat and wanted to be back before noon.  I hadn't ridden Schnebly Hill Road, out of Sedona and got there early enough to beat most of the tourists there.  I passed a handful of tour jeeps, but pretty much had the road to myself and not one other motorcycle to be found.  I finally got to test out the newly shod Dunlop Trailmax Mission front tire and am constantly impressed with the wide range of conditions that tire handles.  I bounced off many a baby head and many sharp edged rocks with the tire and suspension soaking it right up, holding my line.  I was reminded in a short sand section that the DTM is not a knobby, but it did fine and was smooth as glass at 75mph on I -17 headed back.

The toughest part of the ride was reminding myself to stop to admire the scenery, which is awesome, but best viewed when not picking a line through rocks with this 450 lb. horse.  It wasn't the roughest road I've ever ridden, but plenty of effort for my arthritic mitts to handle.  That's another one to check off my list in my new playground, looking forward to more.

20210605_090123.jpg

20210605_091059.jpg

20210605_091111.jpg

20210605_090105.jpg

20210605_091611.jpg

• Like 5

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS