Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Which is the best exhaust?

pigger

Question

Hi everyone. I have bought 2020 euro4 Rally T700. It had acrapovic on it. I drilled the hole into it so i can take out baffle. Still sound is a bit too enginery like. I really like deep rumble. Now the one million dollar question. Which is the best deepest sounding exhaust on t700? I was thinking to change headers to make sound more deeper but was told by few people that when they changed headers for straight one without catalyc convertor it did not changed sound that much. So im now in the market for and endcan, thinking about dominator as it is cheap as chips. What do you think? Is there something with deep deep sound on the market? For example i really liked full GPR system on my MT07 but for some reason after watching all the videos of T700 exhaust sound is more mechanical than nice deep rumble of MT07. Every help is welcome

7 answers to this question

The MIVV slip on has a nice deep rumble with the db killer removed.

Is all subjective to be honest, I run a Fuel Diablo with the db insert in and find it loud enough with a nice blurb on over run.

I'm running a Leo Vince LV One full system and I love it. I had just the can on before the headers showed up and still had a nice deep growl. Headers/cat removal did help.

If your going for big dirty sound I'd say stick with a shorter muffler. I run the full yoshimura adv exhaust and it sounds great, but the m4 on my fz07 with a "drill tuned baffle" sounds better.  The yosh without a baffle is quieter then the m4 with.  I also have the spark arrestor for the yosh, but it kills the sound worse then a baffle.  Side note: I'd guess the yamaha accessory akropovic muffler is built to a Euro4 standard where as aftermarket cans are "for offroad use only" allowing more freedom for sound tuning.

It seems I am in the minority, but I like things quiet. Stock is fine as is stock horsepower.

• Like 3

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

This question is like asking which is the best beer.  You're going to get a lot of varying opinions.  FWIW - I went with a Wings exhaust and have no regrets.

• Like 1

Won’t hear it over the wind noise anyway!😁

I have an arrow, straight through. Sounds good , quite deep but not too loud to wake every bugger up in the morning. 🤫