Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Alt sources for wheels in US?

palada

I'd like to pick up an extra set of wheels to avoid killing the knobbies while commuting and to improve the canyon-carving on weekends (19/17 combo). I've checked Woody's and Dubya and they're both around $2k. By the time I add brake disks, sensor, sprocket, etc. it's around $2600.

Is there an equivalent of Warp 9 for big bikes, maybe a set under $1500? I know it's possible to buy parts and lace a set, but I don't know how to do that, so hoping for a 'budget' ready-to-go option. TIA.

I ordered a 19” front from Woody’s a few weeks back. Didn’t realize Haan hubs come from across the pond. If they ship on a slow boat it is on me. Should of checked first. 

I plan,(hope?) the stock rotors bolt up and fit the stock caliper location.

Anyway they will get here when they get here and we will see. 
  My main reason was to get a  rim that is a bit more street oriented and had the safety bead for tubless. 

It would save you a bunch if you could locate a crashed and trashed T7 and unbolt the stock hubs and get new wheels laced up to ‘em.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A long time ago now (a year and change) I sent Warp9 a message asking if they were planning a Tenere 700 wheelset and they said yes: "We are planning to, but we do not have a date that it will be ready to go right now. -AJ McCall". Nothing has appeared yet so maybe they changed their mind. You can send a message to sales@warp9racing.com and see what they say. I swear there are dozens of us ready to buy (ahem, for a bit less than $2600, sorry woody).

• Moderators

Just got this reply from Warp 9 Racing regarding T7 wheel sets.

"At some point yes, but it is still going to be 6 months to a year before we have anything for it.

AJ McCall

"

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS