Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Aftermarket lightweight headlight

Felipe C

Hi all, 

Does anyone know where to find find the same lightweight headlight shown below?

image.thumb.png.4cc73888034cf74ba6ffba09b4cb2645.png

You can see it at the minute 1:57 in the below video. It's only 500g Vs 3.5kg of the stock headlight.

Contact Manuel Lucchese directly at RebelXSports.com. They are just now finalising the fairing and light as you see it in the video. Until the rally tower is ready you will have to arrange your own support for the light.

https://rebelxsports.com/contact/

• 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, blazoPL said:

The headlight is the same as this one from aliexpress, it is very cheap. I plan to modify my tenere with it, it is much ligher 🙂

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003432755435.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.6c6638da1OyL05&mp=1

Looking the same and being the same are two different things, look at the LED bulbs and you already see the difference. Get your hands on the both and you probably  also feel the difference.
Cheap and quality don't go hand in hand, these things are nice to figure out if it wil work but mostly you end up changing it for the real product quite soon if the wires not fall off during install which happened to me once.
But that was just a cheap buy to find out if it would work like i intended without having to throw away a €100 piece but just a €12.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 1:04 PM, DuncMan said:

Yep, cheap LEDs from China should be avoided at all cost. Good companies will put a lot of R&D into developing a good light with lenses that correctly direct the light where it's needed. The cheap lights just throw light everywhere, blind oncoming traffic and don't light up the track or road as you need it to. It will look similar but it sure as heck won't work similar.

Agree fully, working for an american-german company in R&D, but I was so pissed off when I saw on the Tenere that for the factory LED turn signalsfor the Rally version Yamaha mounted big ass resistors instead of a flashing relay capable of driving low current LED flashers... 🤬

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dzoltan82 said:

Agree fully, working for an american-german company in R&D, but I was so pissed off when I saw on the Tenere that for the factory LED turn signalsfor the Rally version Yamaha mounted big ass resistors instead of a flashing relay capable of driving low current LED flashers... 🤬

The reason they di this iis because in this way you get a warning when a blinker breaks.

I just don't understand why they didn't install LED blinkers in the first place.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

Me neither, especially considering the main lights are LEDs.

With my Crosstourer it was the other way around, standard LED rear light and turn signals but a halogen headlight.

• Like 1

I never wanted to believe that the headlight is 3.5kg as said in that video, now I got a chance to scale it myself as my headlight is in my living room now 😄  It is 1.95kg!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

I wonder if the 3.5kg quoted included the assy and surround etc.. and not just the light itself?

I am scaling the headlight only and it is 1.948 grams exactly. I just had a look into the video one more time, it seems like he has the dashboard holder and the some connector underneath attached to headligh which has nothing to with headlight's itself. Please someone correct me if I am wrong, otherwise I will go to garage and check it later with more details.

image.jpeg.6060dfbbcfa2c0d2cb8709f12aa8a77b.jpeg

• Like 4