Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Replacing Stock Tyres

Stephen H

Hi what are riders in the Uk replacing there stock Pirelli tyres with. 
Im wanting something 70% road 30% off road and have previously had TKC80 on a Tenere 1200 and I was more than happy with them. 
I have read different reviews of loads of tyres on line but would prefer people’s views from real world experiences. 
Cheers 

I've had great success with Avon Trekriders on my Super T. Really like them and they work well on gravel.

My T7 is WAY more dirt/gravel oriented and I run Mitas E-07's. Currently have a set of Shinko 804/805's for some dirt riding coming up.

I think I have Yamaha disease...

I have failed to find a set of tyres I really wanted due to a tyre shortage I’ve been informed so I have gone for Avon Trailriders. These were not even on my list as a tyre I was after but due to the shortage in the UK they were all I could get as a matching set. I’m sure they will be fine especially on the tarmac. The main thing is I’m going on a trip and my current tyres don’t have enough meat left on them to complete that trip so I had to buy something. Let’s hope I get on with the Avon’s. 

There is a rubber shortage on this little planet of ours.  Or at least that is the scam at hand.  The price of tires will be extra high priced and few and far between.  When you find the tires you like buy a small inventory of them.  Soon gasoline will be the same way.  None available and high priced.  

You will be fine with the Trailriders if you are not playing a bunch on gravel. They will work fine, just won't like deep/loose gravel as well as the Trek Riders.

As for the rubber shortage, there was a massive increase in motorcycle registrations in Canada (don't know about the US or elsewhere) in 2020/21 over the previous 3 years. Massive as in almost double. Add in supply chain disruptions due to labor shortages due to Covid lockdowns around the world and you get what you get = no tire supply. Likewise with fuel. Go onto the US EIA website below to have a look at production and demand. Remember, we don't manufacture motor fuel (of any volume) in Alberta or for that matter, western Canada. Use more = pay more.

Gasoline Production, Imports, Stocks, Supply, Prices by Grade and Sales Type, Retail City Average Prices, Data and Analysis from the Energy Information Administration.

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

• 2 weeks later...

I’m trying to source Michelin Anakee Wilds for my T7, the only website showing availability is tyres.net. Just wondering if anyone has ever bought from this website? Legit or not?