Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Givi crash bars? Any good?

Guys

image.thumb.jpeg.d297de32e75d9f95dfd87fa71c613699.jpeg

I’ve been looking for a fairly minimal crash bar look and these seem to be my choice, just wondering if anyone’s got any comments good/bad on them?

Coupled with engine guards I’m thinking it’ll be enough to get me started on some off road trails. 

Any comments? 

Thanks in advance 

Guy

I have a set, they fit well and are not too big.

They’ve been handy as grab points for pulling the bike through mud but so far I haven’t properly  tested their crashing properties 😁

• Like 1

I have these Givi Engine Guards. If you're looking for minimal protection - radiator sides and fairing and maybe a place for a couple of storage bags, they are a good choice. They're well made and sturdy given the attachment points. No fitment issues, straightforward as long as you follow the directions in order.

Here is a close-up of the left side mounts.

30324388_Giviengineguardmounting.jpg.fa4b8e2856d834737f000c147bfcb379.jpg

front view

245941366_Giviengineguardsfront.jpg.919797a6456d5aea0f242b1e370b91b1.jpg

Edited by Boondocker
add pictures
  • Like 2

Brilliant, thanks for the comments. I must admit I do like the minimalist look and had confidence in the Givi brand but it's good to get some real world use reviews.

There's so many crash bars to choose from but I just need something to get me started with some off road experience. 

Thanks for your comments, appreciated.

Guy

9 hours ago, Rossy NI said:

Hi can anyone confirm if these fit with the rally skid plate? Thanks 

I don’t know, I’ve seen folk trimming skid plates to fit depending on crash bars. If I find out compatibility on this one I’ll let you know. 

• 3 weeks later...

I fitted the Givi crash bars but because my model has the catalytic converter the right hand bracket doesn't fit the way it should. The only way for it to work was turn the bracket around 180. It sitting pretty tight to the rubber pipe. 

IMG_1474.JPG

IMG_1475.JPG

IMG_1476.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

IMG_1480.JPG

IMG_1481.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

IMG_1484.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

2C9BD506-E9CE-4DE0-BF02-17AD168CD964.thumb.jpeg.7fdb8b9b626e295f26d5d77bac406045.jpegGivi crash bars seem to be a one time use bar and then discard! Yes Bars are nice and light and minimal. Lost the rear of the bike an a curve on a Marbly gravel road. Speed around 25 mph. They did their job, very little damage to bike, but givi bars completely folded back. Just ordered some S W Motech bars to replace them.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I just had to cut my Heed bars from my T7 because after multiple falls the bars were crooked and bent. Now, what is the cost of new plastics vs new bars?? Is it worth having 2 sets of plastics - 1 for the offroad days and 1 for the around town days?  Would this be better than buying new bars every 1-2 years?  Hmmm food for thought.

• Like 1