Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Gaerne gx-1 or forma tx/enduro

Xeth

Guys,

I'm looking for an entry or midlevel MX boot that could take a fall from the t7 and at the same time comfortable for a while day ride. Do you have any other recommendations for the price of 200-300 USD?

Any comments on the gx-1, forma tx and tx Enduro? 

i am running the gaerne enduro boot and am in love with it. it offers mx protection with a walking sole and i can walk all day in it.

• 7 months later...

I have a pair of Gaerne GX1 Goodyear with stiched sole, great boots price/quality wise.

(love also my Forma Adventure for all day long riding and walking though).

• 1 month later...

Both companies make great boots, I run the SG-10 moto boot for dirt biking and a Forma Terra for snowbiking. The Terra is very comfortable to me and you could walk a lot in it I feel. Although doesn't provide quite the protection, stiffness wise as you're looking at in your two choices. I'd try them on if you can, both of mine are smaller than I would have ordered. The Gaerne don't seem to fit everyone well. 

On 4/12/2022 at 2:04 PM, AdvCurious said:

Both companies make great boots, I run the SG-10 moto boot for dirt biking and a Forma Terra for snowbiking. The Terra is very comfortable to me and you could walk a lot in it I feel. Although doesn't provide quite the protection, stiffness wise as you're looking at in your two choices. I'd try them on if you can, both of mine are smaller than I would have ordered. The Gaerne don't seem to fit everyone well. 

I currently have Forma boots and am considering a pair of Gaerne's.  Can you comment on how they compare size wise?  For example are a size 10 Gaerne equal to a size 10 Forma (or Forma EU44 = A Gaerne EU44 etc) or do you find one is smaller than the other even though they list the same size? 

I currently have a pair of EU 44 Forma's and am trying to confirm what size Gaerne EU44 would be similar.

Thanks.

Edited by williestreet

I just bought a pair of GX-1s for dirtbike riding.  I had 2 hard crashes last weekend riding my FE on the Ironman course and the boots saved my feet and ankles as the bike tried to crush them proven by light bruising.  GX-1s are sized a tad big.  I wear an 11.5-12 in all my footwear.  After reading reviews, I got size 11 and need thick socks and tight sinching.  They're MX boots, but very light with good armor and are keepers   I'll keep my Forza ADV boots for ADV riding on my T7 as they're a lot more comfortable for walking.

Edited by BADDANDY
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450