Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High beam lens swap?

doniv

I rode my T7 in the night on desolate twisty roads for the first time and found the coverage of the low+high beam pretty lacking. The combined beam pattern reminds me of a paper boat. There are significant blind spots on left and right turns and I was having to slow down to find the unmarked road in the darkness. The high beam is more of a spotlight while the low beam provides lower-half coverage with sharp cutoffs that are typical for a projector lens. Looking at the headlight assembly, it's clear that the projector lenses are distinct for the low beam and the high beam. I think if the high beam had a beam pattern similar to the one of the low beam, I might be happier with the coverage. Has anyone done a lens swap on the high beam? I wonder if it would be too much trouble to get into the assembly and instead just bolt on aux lights. I found the light output itself pretty decent, so I think it might be worth a shot to avoid extra weight, expense, and complexity of aux lights. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi doniv,

The light assembly is sealed and as far as I can see very hard to open without damage. And yes I have tried.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1